Skip to main content

Archive Team Hourly Stats • Progress: 70.1% (Est.

Archive Team Hourly Stats • Progress: 70.1% (Est. Progress: 93.7%) | Items: 111222 (1854 p/m) | Downloaded: 4.29 TB | Queue Empty: 3 hours

What this is: The present status of archiving of PUBLIC Google+ posts to the Internet Archive.

Where it's from: The Archive Team's #googleminus IRC channel, just now.

What it means: "Progress" is total amount completed, "Est. Progress" is the estimated completion as of 00:00 GMT 2 April. "Items" are sets of 100 Google+ profile IDs.

The "Items" count is for the present hour, so 111,222,000 profiles archived in the past hour.

Total profiles archived is in the neighbourhood of 2.38 billion.


More archive warriors would help this process!!!

Download yours and run it now, if you have compute, disk, network capacity, and are comfortable running a virtual machine:
https://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=ArchiveTeam_Warrior
https://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=ArchiveTeam_Warrior

Comments

  1. Are you sure this is even worth doing, since:

    1. When I saved my profile to Wayback Machine it only saved the last few posts; and

    2. On Wayback Machine the posts and comments are unscrolled, eg "..." appears in the posts after the first few lines, and the "..."s are unclickable.

    ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marysia Kurowski Yes. The Archive Team's scripts will load up all visible posts for a profile.

    I've independently archived my posts by URL based on my Google Data Takeout. But this project is belt-and-suspenders, and will include those who aren't around to archive their content. I'm aware of a few profiles from dead Plussers that match that description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also: the process seems to be upload bound -- getting sufficient bandwidth to transfer content to the Arcive is problematic. Staging severs are being used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm putting onto Wayback Machine a smallish community which I admin, by hand, and should be able to easily complete it.

    Sadly, I don't have much computing power and am pretty much at my limit at present.

    I'm so grateful to all the volunteers who are organising, scripting, and archiving.
    Thriller Writers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm putting onto Wayback Machine a smallish community which I admin, by hand, and should be able to easily complete it.

    Sadly, I don't have much other computing power and am pretty much at my limit at present.

    I'm so grateful to all the volunteers who are organising, scripting, and archiving.
    Thriller Writers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feels weirdly satisfying helping out with an ArchiveTeam Warrior.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"