Skip to main content

Hi, I am trying to save my Google+Collections.


Hi, I am trying to save my Google+Collections. I used it for storing links, text, images and my comments. Basically, it was a handy notepad and a catalog for work. Now I'm trying to download my info through google archive (both in html and json formats) and all I get is this (please the image below). The link there is not working.

Is there any way to save the actual links, images and my comments to them? I have thousands of posts in my collections and it'll be very problematic to save them by hand.

Also, I'm so upset this option will no longer be available cause there's no alternative. Separate google collections feature is no near as handy.
Thank you.

Comments

  1. Ok, I figured it out. The actual posts are stored in a separate folder. "Google+ Stream" --> "Posts"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana Che Correct. The "Collections" archive is virtually useless.

    I believe Collection is a metadata field in the JSON format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guillermo Fuchslocher That is what I am using. Everything is saved in json for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong second to the recommendation to use the Google+ Exporter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edward Morbius I have you to thank for this, sir! You are a bright beacon of help here as April 2 looms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to research for painstaking hours to find this group and the gplus-exporter. It seems google didn't care at all if I lost my business page collections and posts. Thank you all !
    p.s. yes I tried the official google+ downloader, but it kept giving me 404 and 500 failed page codes .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natural Ponds Lakes & Streams by Spring Creek Aquatic Concepts Outreach and trying to get any level of cooperation (or even just getting the hell out of the way) from Google and some of its fanbois has been ... difficult.

    That said, G+MM has had some press over the past few months, outside G+, and we've managed to almost reach 5,000 users starting from nil in October, which is a good-sized chunk of the highly-active G+ userbase, as best I can tell.

    That said: Word of mouth from Community members is hugely appreciated and our best outreach mechanism.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edward Morbius I just finished archiving all my business page posts today. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"