Skip to main content
I really wish Pinterest had blogging capabilities. That would make Pinterest seem even more like Google Plus.

Comments

  1. I thought Pinterest is just only pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloggers use Pinterest to drive traffic to their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never used Pinterest much, but as an art teacher my wife used to find it useful. Now, the proportion of advertisements as risen to the point where Pinterest is basically a collection of ads with an occasionally interesting piece of information hidden among them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diaspora or Friendica are better network

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL when G+ when to this layout I complained it was trying to be Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want to download an app.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My personal objection against Pinterest is the big splash screen "make an account now" in your face. You don't need a G+ account in order to read (public) G+ posts, that was one the main benefits of G+

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anton A For a long time that wasn't the case.

    However execrable #discovfefe is, that's been the default unauthenticated homepage view of G+ for the past few years. At least it's reasonably anodyne content.

    Way back when, G+ also threw up a registration wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edward Morbius Interesting, let's hope Pinterest will remove it like Google did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. KnowsMore It's also comments that people can write under the pictures, so the pictures could be interpreted as thread-starters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I block both Facebook and pinterest in the browser with an extension

    ReplyDelete
  12. ❨❨❨David C. Frier❩❩❩ It's when they turn up in web search results that annoys me most.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, Marysia Kurowski. I’ve seen comments on some pictures before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gary Gregory That's just your opinion. I think it is a decent replacement for G+. I think other alternatives like MeWe and Pluspora suck. Different people, different opinions. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hayo Jongbloed of course it's my opinion. Did you think "Minds.com sucks" was a factual statement?

    Opinion have weight that resonate with others. If someone resonates with "MeWe/Pluspora/Minds sucks", fine. Or maybe you think they are good. Cool. Say it, move on, don't look back.

    But cut the "that's your opinion" crap. We know that. It's too tautological to be meaningful.

    Anton A I think Minds sucks due to alt-right trash and crypto-currency crap. It's not what I'm looking for in a social network to replace G+. MeWe and pluspora suck for other reasons, like being bare bones and not enough members.

    Only G+ is King.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gary Gregory Opinions are what they are.

    Substantiated and substantive ones are appreciated here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gary Gregory You do have some good points. My objection against MeWe is that "public" posts are only visible inside the MeWe world, and the single stream look and feel. The block functions of MeWe are just as effective as those of G+, but if I could make a choice between the two I would take G+ any day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anton A I have the same objections.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Edward Morbius Ok, still with the tautologies. No need to be cute, because sarcasm isn't respectful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"