Skip to main content

What You advise, Please ?

What You advise, Please ?
Manually done, ugly and in drafts, at Blogger blog, - needed editing, tedious
Is to wait for Takeout or Publish the Drafts ?
Thanks

Comments

  1. I think that the results of publishing, ugly or not, depend on the Blogger Theme you have chosen. For the Google+ Mass Migration Community, I chose "Notable," then reproduced the information under "About Community" as a landing page. My archival blog for this Community is here: [ gplusmigration.blogspot.com - Origins and Resources ] I also did one for the Dilettante Photography Community at [ https://dilettantephotographyreview.blogspot.com/ ]

    The first four Theme options listed in Blogger are newer and most compatible with mobile devices, I'm told.

    In both Blogs above, I published the drafts. I am working as fast as I can to capture and publish this information while it is still there. The only exception is my Collections which are not being updated with new material. There, I am leaving posts in draft form for the time being. They are in an older Blogger Theme which I probably will change. I'll edit everything later.

    I've been using the paid version of Google+ Exporter to retrieve data. This software is being updated frequently to keep up with various behind the scenes changes Google is making as G+ winds down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have deliberately left my dormant blog in the pre-responsive version.
    elephantseyegarden.blogspot.com - Elephant's Eye

    ReplyDelete
  3. And changed my active blog to the responsive minimalist new version. Thanks to Peggy K for her tutorials and techie answers to my HELP??!! And to David Kutcher for pointing out that - minimal traffic from mobile means you need to make your site responsive. My traffic is about 30% mobile, 10% tablet, and 60% with me on desktop.
    eefalsebay.blogspot.com - April in our False Bay Garden and a fresh blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ifinder Ifindi first you need content - tick. Then you need traffic - for which you need to make the content visible. Aesthetics and practicalities you can continue to work on (indefinitely, believe me!).

    Better to get your site up and running - with an explanation that the posts are imported from sunsetting G+ and it is a work in progress.
    Waiting till it is perfect loses you current readers and goodwill.
    Good enough is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ifinder Ifindi I think all should know that Diana Studer's sites are well worth the visit. In many ways they set a high standard to which the rest of us can (eventually, one step at a time) aspire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ifinder Ifindi The gateway to Peggy K's most helpful tutorials, etc. is [ peggyktc.com - Peggy Ks Tips & Tricks ]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"