Skip to main content

Let me just say, that I'm not that worried about privacy as everyone else.

Originally shared by Anna H.

Let me just say, that I'm not that worried about privacy as everyone else. To an extent, yes privacy DOES matter. However, I am more concerned about being on a social media site, that doesn't clog up my news feed with selfies, politics, religion, fundraisers, friend requests, invitations for every little thing known to man, etc.

Before getting online to do much of anything I want or need, I have a disabled mother to take care of. Her neediness throughout the day occupies a lot of time. We never know when she may need to be rushed to the hospital for a medical emergency.

Besides dealing with her health problems and chores, while trying to submit my short stories for reviews and publishing, trying to find adult readers 18 and older, who love music, animation, folklores, and Horror-related content has been a massive struggle. The indifference I have dealt with over the last 5 years or so online seems to have gotten worse over time. Nobody wants to talk; Only likes and shares.

Some have suggested joining Pluspora and Hubzilla as Google Plus, MeWe, Facebook, Twitter, etc. replacements.

How lively is it on Pluspora, Hubzilla, and some other social media sites?

How do I know if I belong on any of those sites, that COULD hide all my content from potential blog readers?

How do I know if Pluspora and Hubzilla don't have the same types of indifferent people on Facebook, if not more than those types I have been trying to escape for years?

According to the most egotistical, condescending, self-righteous, hypocritical indie authors on MeWe, I'm being selfish or "self-serving" for wanting to re-generate my own following.

Page views, traffic, and social interaction, especially on blogs is what I really want and need. Likes and shares are great, but social interaction generates the most traffic to websites.

Even though MeWe has some decent people I have met, it feels like every site I join doesn't resonate with me or I don't resonate with the current people.

Comments

”go"