Skip to main content

Reading this discussion of MeWe, PlusPora and other alternatives, I'm thinking I'm not interested in investing my...

Reading this discussion of MeWe, PlusPora and other alternatives, I'm thinking I'm not interested in investing my energy in another proprietary or niche platform unless (1) my friends are ALREADY there (2) It has some potential for mass appeal or (3) there's something else really fantastic about it. MeWe, PlusPora etc. don't seem to hit all those buttons.

I'm active on Facebook on a Group, Things Mitch Wagner Saw. I have a blog at mitchwagner.com. I'm on Twitter, @mitchwagner. My blog automatically syndicates to Tumblr, mitchwagner.tumblr.com. The blog automatically generates an RSS feed of course, and a newsletter http://eepurl.com/YlKbH And I'm active on Reddit and getting active on Hacker News.

All of those things are either nonproprietary -- not somebody else's platform -- or they have mass appeal. And that's enough to keep me busy.

Comments

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"