Skip to main content

A Teleconference on Teleconferencing (1974) (PDF)

A Teleconference on Teleconferencing (1974) (PDF)

A largely historical document, though with some interesting observations especially on taxonomies of "conferencing systems" (think: anything that lets 3+ people not in the same location communicate interactively).

I'm unable to track down who posted this, though I believe it was one of the contributors to the original paper itself.

Thank you very much, you who have been forgotten but not forgotten.

... actually I'm pretty sure now it was Larry press

http://som.csudh.edu/fac/lpress/presentations/teleconference.pdf

Comments

  1. Edward Morbius, sounds like to me your 1974 "A Teleconference on Teleconferencing" may have played an important role in how you relate to and understand today's internet environment.

    My influential paper was Andrew Blau's 2001 "More Than Bit Players: How Info Tech Will Change the Way Nonprofits and Foundations Work and Thrive in the Information Age". http://bit.ly/2EFAgWC


    core.ac.uk - core.ac.uk/download/pdf/141923003.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott Scowcroft So, I'd actually just discovered this article, so its impacts on my thinking will likely lie in my future ;-)

    That said: I'm finding it a fascinating read, for all the usual reasons. What's covered, what's not, what seems familiar, what seems quaint, what dynamics seem intrinsic to media.

    And the ontologies and taxonomies. I love me some taxonomy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"