Skip to main content

Starting a blog in 2017? Don’t.

Starting a blog in 2017? Don’t.

...Starting a blog on the web in 2017 means missing out on the biggest opportunity this side of the Internet: creating your own deep interest social network. It’s a newer, better, and — most importantly — easier option for creating a thriving, community-powered brand your audience will opt into faster and love more deeply than anything you can create via even the most modern blogging platform....

If you have an idea, unique take on the world, or desire to start your own business, your 2017 “blog” needs to be mobile, social, and valuable from Day One. It’s no longer about lecturing at your audience, it’s about hosting a party where people want to meet each other — not just listen to you...


I will note that the author here has something to sell you, a bridge her new start-up.


https://medium.com/@ginab/starting-a-blog-in-2017-dont-545fcefdcb2f
https://medium.com/@ginab/starting-a-blog-in-2017-dont-545fcefdcb2f

Comments

  1. Cindy Brown I'd started with the search "rise and fall blog" and looked at what turned up. Not a whole lot. This was referenced in the JSTOR article I'd posted (also pretty lightweight itself).

    There should be some significant discussion of the general decline of blogging, if I can get my Search Fu right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting this article proposes what I have already decided to do LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you're starting a blog to receive your G+ export content...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As with all writing (and basically anthing), you should do it because you enjoy it, not for expectations that rely on others enjoying it.
    If you don't enjoy what you do, then:
    1. how can you expect others to?
    2. it's not gonna last long, cuz you'll get burnt out on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael J. Coffey See, that's 2019. 2017 is so 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Filip H.F. Slagter The whole question of motivation for epistemic activities is an interesting one. My general sense is that those should be intrinsic or if at all possible nonremunerative.

    It's interesting reading Bianchini's post with an eye to what she sees as valid motivations. I agree with little of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After skimming the post - get rich quick - buy my product.
    And, did it work for Bianchini?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana Studer Reason 3 breaks it for me: "We already had a paid community and a tribe of people that have met in the real world which made the move easier"

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, I don't need my own website where I try to get people focused on what I'm doing and selling, I need to build a personal social network where people don't really care what I do and say?

    I can do that on Twitter for free.
    Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"