Skip to main content

I got my username choice email today for Openbook.

I got my username choice email today for Openbook. I doubt its still available, but I am going for @ Matt. (no space). Otherwise I will be @ MattMoore.
It does appear that Openbook will be a bit like the old G+, circles and all and Alpha access looks like it will happen sometime in the next month (They say March in the Indiegogo, but yesterdays update says differently), so enough time to evaluate even before Google's early departure.
I was beta for G+, and remember the experience of meeting new people, integrating existing technologies in new and fun ways, etc.
I suspect that will be my experience with Openbook, and I encourage everyone to check it out.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/openbook-it-s-time-for-a-better-social-network
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/openbook-it-s-time-for-a-better-social-network

Comments

  1. It's good to hear that things are happening. Do you remember where you were on the waitlist? Ah, you were an Indiegogo backer, I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bodhipaksa Yep. So I don't know where on the waitlist. Just that I backed it about a month and a half ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyrill Kunze Ha! Just saw you on Slack =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am way down on the waitlist. I hope to join soon and will look you up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt Moore Haha, nice :D
    Rich Gillin Younes Layachi Support them on Indiegogo and get early access before G+ is shutting down :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got mine too, glad to see they are making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christoph H. low on details as of yet. They will release centralized, but are committed to decentralization, looking at Solid. Presumably there will be an API, in one form or the other, but perhaps not in the initial release.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Per Siden Needs an API for import as well as custom clients to be successful (imho).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christoph H. I can only assume they are aware of that, but an API done wrong is worse than no API at all. I hope they unlock it in cautious steps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was on the waiting list but never received anything from them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kerem Go That mail Matt Moore told here was for the backers on Indiegogo/Kickstarter. The Earlyaccess is starting before the beta you signed up for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cyrill Kunze Oh I see! Thank you so much for the info, appreciated! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"