Skip to main content

Not that I am a big fan of Diaspora* so far - it certainly feels like a few steps backwards in terms of...


Not that I am a big fan of Diaspora* so far - it certainly feels like a few steps backwards in terms of user-experience and polish, in particular for photo presentation and convenient photo upload directly from a mobile device.

But then I always had a soft spot for the underdog and I am looking forward to moving from the ghost-town to a ghost-village and hopefully some more interesting people will end up moving there too.

Originally shared by Bernhard Suter

My new primary social-media account is now kugelfish@diasporing.ch

https://diasporing.ch/people/f1b0fdf0b1710136466f7a163e59d8f4

BTW, if you ever wanted an off-shore social media account in Switzerland, here is your chance: https://diasporing.ch

#signalflare #diaspora #plexodus

Comments

  1. I like the idea of a an to post in my collects as I move. I think I've settled in MeWe (mostly for the clones of groups from here) and Friendica on +IsurfSocial*. But Friendica's part of the FEDERATION, as is Diaspora.

    I dislike Diaspora because you can't re-edit your old posts. I'm terrible with typos, so Friendica got the tick. Good luck in the new place. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the two sites that most people are turning to are diaspora and G+
    https://plus.google.com/photos/...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, is there some brilliant and kind code master around who might write a cute script to replace existing scripts which validate google pages, display G+ share buttons (nee with counters), etc., with a tiny display square like this, the red "I moved to diaspora*"? I'd think it would be poetic, and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also on Pluspora if anyone interests in: keremgo@pluspora.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"