Skip to main content

I have come to the point that I am seriously looking at alternatives to all my Google services.

I have come to the point that I am seriously looking at alternatives to all my Google services. This link may have already been posted here, I am not sure. It contains several options worth looking into. One thing it does not mention is that the most complete alternative is likely to be a self-hosted NextCloud. It is going to cover Calendar, Contacts, Drive, Apps (with LibreOffice integration) and I understand they are adding a social component too.
https://restoreprivacy.com/google-alternatives/

Comments

  1. I have already started all this. I am leveraging my Synology NAS for this. They have an Office suite, integrated email server, as for social, I’m running diaspora and Hubzilla to cover that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google has three real products in search, Gmail and YouTube (ok, maybe Android). All the rest could could follow like G+ or Picasa and end at anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bears repeating, a multitude of Users:

    Wiki: There are over 8 million G+ Communities, though an overwhelming number have few if any members. This still leaves a fair number of larger communities -- 57,000 with 1,000 or more members -- and the potential for numerous smaller-but-vital communities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darren Huski honestly, the way things have been going for the past few years, I wouldn’t be surprised if Google suddenly killed off Gmail too. 🙄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"