Skip to main content

Goggle++, aka the new G+, is old news and a recent post introducing it has been reshared 1234 times already since...

Goggle++, aka the new G+, is old news and a recent post introducing it has been reshared 1234 times already since Feb 1st. but I did not find any mention of it within this community... What are your thoughts about it ?
https://plus.google.com/+MsBonnie/posts/7xcNRkn4ua4

Comments

  1. I guess I've seen it discussed here with the name Google+ rewriten
    It is missing many features and I don't think it is easy to be added as it is part of Mighty Network

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it's been mentioned repeatedly here but most grown ups don't care because it doesn't qualify as an alternative. The admin/owner can't 'improve' the site with new features even if they want to. Think of it as a wordpress.com blog instead of a self-hosted wordpress website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many willing marks, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Younes Layachi too much noise, not enough product.
    Plus, it has Google’s name on it, so it will die under an avalanche of lawyers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jose Pina Coelho even though it is called Goggle and not Google ?
    Doesn't matter, I'm crossing it out 😫
    Thanks for the feedback guys !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Younes Layachi it’s being promoted as Google+ done right. Changing an ‘o’ for a ‘g’ just proves malicious intent. If the high schooler that’s doing this has two brain cells, he’ll immediately comply with the cease and desist letter he’s about to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creating a community out of Mighty Networks and passing it off a new social media developed from scratch, slapping it with a name that is free-riding on G+ popularity is pretty low I must say. At least the people who started Pluspora didn't try to deceive everyone that they're rewriting G+.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (BTW Edward Morbius if I click the MsBonnie link, a 'clean' URL without the /u/1/ I am using here ... I see the banner again)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"