Hi! I'm trying to export and save the data of my G+communities. The most import thing for me is preserving the posts' data. But although I imported the data through Google, when I try to open the posts I get an error 403. Why? What should I do?
Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance!

Google Data takeout does not presently allow for export of Community content, and will not export private community content at all.
ReplyDeleteGoogle claim they will offer owners and moderators access to content export for public communities only "in early March".
The Friends+Me Google+ Exporter is a vastly more useful option.
gplus-exporter.friendsplus.me - Google+ Exporter
https://medium.com/google-plus-exporter/how-to-download-images-7dc321b6f179
There are several sites offering direct community migrations:
https://plus.google.com/104092656004159577193/posts/eJubnEcB8ef
Is there a program to import members?
ReplyDeleteGary Gregory Import to what, specifically?
ReplyDeleteIn general: no. You may be able to obtain some contact information and send notifications or updates (e.g., to email, Facebook, Twitter, or other accounts), but setting up a new account for existing users without specific action on their part is neither generally possible nor, even if it were, good or recommended practice.
Consider: if someone were to set up a service in your name without your awareness or consent, you'd tend to think it was a scam.
You should be focused on notifying people where you are and can be found, and doing this frequently.
Edward Morbius Thanks for your advice here. It might be worth repeating that even though a Takeout from January appeared to have created an archive of community content (public and private) the archive only points to the actual Google posts. No images or posts were included in the archive.
ReplyDeleteA casual inspection of the archive might suggest that the data has been retrieved, but, of course when the Google posts are deleted, the archive will fail. If the post's author leaves Google before shutdown, deleting their data, their Community posts will become irretrievable from Google at that point.
Peter Quinton Correct.
ReplyDelete