The notification widget will be no longer available after the 7th of march rendering Google+ completely senseless...
The notification widget will be no longer available after the 7th of march rendering Google+ completely senseless after that date. Those assholes at Google do not even give us time until the announced april date.

In theory you can still go to https://plus.google.com/notifications/all until 2-Apr.
ReplyDeleteYeah and that is highly convenient. Not.
ReplyDeleteActually the notification widget is already rendered useless by the information div in it, so I can no longer answer to comments in the notification.
ReplyDeleteWith the browser extension Stylus you can add user styles to websites. For Chromium-flavours: chrome.google.com - Stylus
ReplyDeleteJust add the following code for the url
https://notifications.google.com
to get rid of the black div in the notification window (on desktop):
div.M6tHv {
display: none !important;
visibility: hidden !important;
}
div.Mh0NNb {
display: none !important;
visibility: hidden !important;
}
stefan holzhauer You can if you click on "Learn More" each time you open the dropdown. It clears the black bar. You have to click it again and again each time, but it works.
ReplyDeleteNot acceptable. The above solution works
ReplyDeletestefan holzhauer Certainly not acceptable. I agree. It's a workaround to a stupid implementation by Google.
ReplyDeleteGoogle is intentionally trying to chase us away. "Get off our lawn!"
I will completely get off their lawn, moving away from all their services if that is what they want.
ReplyDeletestefan holzhauer I plan to move many things away, but I'm in so deep with my web sites tied to their APIs and so forth that it will take a lot of work.
ReplyDeleteUltimately, it's pretty much impossible to get away from Google nowadays on the Internet. If you try, you'll find that almost nothing works anymore and your Internet access slows way down. Google offers so many cool things that most every entity on the net, from Dropbox to Uber depends on Google. Cut Google off and you can't log in to most things because you're automatically determined to be a non-person.
My intention is to reduce but not eliminate my usage of Google services and move my web advertisement services to other providers.
Why not just click Notifications in the side panel? A lot simpler than the URL.
ReplyDeleteThat's beside the point. The notifications in the side panel do not show me new notifications.
ReplyDeleteMine does. I assume you tried refreshing the page?
ReplyDeleteMine did never do that and still does not.
ReplyDeleteOK, sorry to hear it
ReplyDeleteWith all the confusion here, I remembered the Chrome Extension that displays notifications when in non-Google tabs.
ReplyDeletechrome.google.com - Google+ Notifications
Built and supplied by Google. Last updated 2013. No longer works. Still in the Chrome Store.
FWIW!