What is the point?
Originally shared by Andreas Geisler
Mewe is complete shit with regards to discoverability.
They have "public" posts - but all it means is that you can see what a person has posted publicly, if you navigate to their profile!
There's no public stream containing those public posts. Whatsoever.
It's like social media, without the social.
Or like having a party and isolating all the guests into seperate booths.
Originally shared by Andreas Geisler
Mewe is complete shit with regards to discoverability.
They have "public" posts - but all it means is that you can see what a person has posted publicly, if you navigate to their profile!
There's no public stream containing those public posts. Whatsoever.
It's like social media, without the social.
Or like having a party and isolating all the guests into seperate booths.

I agree... totally 💯shit 👌
ReplyDeleteYou couldn't have said it any better...!!!
I have to agree. I was quite excited by MeWe initially but have been very disappointed by what I've seen since then.
ReplyDeleteLikewise John Skeats,
ReplyDeleteI've now set up Blogger and Discord and am finding Discord almost ideal for my particular use case.
There is a stream of public posts where you can see the posts everyone you've "followed." Just like g+. To get more peoples' posts to show up, you have to go to their profile to request to become connected with them, similar to g+ (but the person actually has a choice to decline).
ReplyDeleteThe Home button in the bottom left can take you there.
MeWe is a walled garden at it's best. I don't understand why how many people went over.
ReplyDeleteCyrill Kunze The problem was that people were anxious to find a Google+ replacement. A lot of the problems with MeWe or any other possible replacement aren't obvious without either spending some time experimenting or doing a lot of research into the products. Experimenting is easier. Many of us intentionally decided to create MeWe (and other) accounts to experiment rather than because we decided it was going to be the platform we had already decided on.
ReplyDeleteJohn Skeats exactly
ReplyDeleteJohn Skeats Good point. Openbook is my hope and it looks like they are doing everything right at the moment. Not so far we can take a real look :)
ReplyDeleteI have never understood all the love for me we.
ReplyDeleteThe Unknown Wanderer That is not "a stream of public posts", that's a stream of posts shared with me by way of my being a contact.
ReplyDeleteWhy it’s almost like MeWe is afraid of what would be discovered if public posts were actually public.
ReplyDeleteCyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteHi... could you please send me a link to Openbook...
Yet they're still woking on updates and will add circle like features and have communities?
ReplyDeleteGoogle Plus wasn't good in the early days and yet we grew to love it. Lmao give MeWe time. At least they care and are listening to G+ refugees unlike Despora (or whatever that shit site is called) and G+ Rewritten
Plus Google plus doesn't even have a public stream yet y'all still used it
ReplyDeleteCorrection: G+ does have a public stream called Discover. And back then when it was in beta it has Incoming stream too.
ReplyDeleteAndreas Geisler your contacts on mewe are the equivalent to following people. They weren't specifically shared with you alone. Anyone can see them on their feed so long as they follow the person and as long as the person wants them to see it. Just like Google plus.
ReplyDeleteOn Google plus, anyone can see my posts on their feed if they follow me. On mewe, anyone can see my posts on there feed if they follow me.
Your feed on both sites are comprised of people you follow, and groups you are a part of.
Discover isn´t a public stream. Its a place for you to discover the trending posts.
ReplyDeleteWhite Diamond G+ does in fact have a public stream. Try opening it up in an incognito browser to see.
ReplyDeleteMeWe will not show you ANYONE's public posts, if you are not on their contact list.
Meaning: There is no difference between "public sharing" and "share to all contact groups". Zero difference. It's just "share to all".
And this seems to be a design choice. Most likely because they don't want user groups to mix, because that would prevent them from hosting all the far-right nuts they want.
ReplyDeleteThe Unknown Wanderer What part of this very simple thing do you not understand: NOBODY CAN SEE MY PUBLIC POSTS IF THEY ARE NOT IN MY CONTACTS.
ReplyDeleteThere is ZERO DIFFERENCE between sharing to all contacts and sharing "public". It is the same limited audience.
The only difference is that if someone comes looking for me, they will likely see the public posts... but how would they know to look?
It's pointless.
Ella This is the official site: https://www.openbook.social/
ReplyDeleteHere can you support the team and get early access before the beta starts:
indiegogo.com - Openbook: It's time for a better social network.
Here can you read a lot about Openbook, the last big status update:
https://medium.com/openbook-org/openbook-2018-closing-update-503d28ce64a5
For the 15th february they announced the next status update and maybe it's also the date for the early access start.
Cyrill Kunze It's a walled garden of walled gardens.
ReplyDeleteCyrill Kunze we went because our friends over here we're saying that they were going and they were going to try it out. I didn't like it much from the first time that I got on but I've been going back just to make sure I give myself time to check it out. My experiences have been a lot of racist and if you don't go with the racist then you go with the flowers and the kitties but as someone said there's really no public stream or discover like we have here on Google. I sure will miss G+ a lot.
ReplyDeleteCyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThanks for that
I will have a gander 👌
So let us check out Openbook, early access is not so far =)
ReplyDeleteAndreas Geisler "MeWe will not show you ANYONE's public posts, if you are not on their contact list."
ReplyDeleteI think that you are not up-to-date. When posting on mewe you have the choice to post to "my contacts" or "public". Public posts are shown to other mewe members even if they are not on the contact list.
What's missing still is a stream you could share to non-members.
Norbert Hoffmann "Public" still means you need a mewe account to see the post. And that's crap. On G+ and also later on Openbook you can reach every post by URL without the need of an account. And that's also why MeWe is just a walled garden.
ReplyDeleteCyrill Kunze this is exactly what I said.
ReplyDeleteTrue, the Discover in G+ isn't exactly a public stream but MeWe doesn't even have anything equivalent of that to let people discover anyone they haven't followed. And I think the 'public' posts in MeWe came out prematurely because the posts there still don't have permalink, and a shared post doesn't show credit to the original poster.
ReplyDeleteLet's be honest,this is the main reason I'm not moving to MeWe. I am used to having my content discovered easily. Public posts on g+, Tumblr, Twitter ,DA and whatnot can be found even on Google and Yahoo searches, sometimes even in the "related photos" segments. I think that's really beneficial for artists and others who want their posts to be noticed. MeWe felt more like a group chat than a social networking site, at least in December, because I haven't logged in since.
ReplyDeleteBut they do keep sending me email updates though I unsubscribed..
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/A1dKGHDG6D1mOlcuY0GIBZE1o6qyeKzzNu4T3M4wJb2Deo2Eq-N4QLWAw082lBD1rlWzdkYFu0VFjjjE1bB_YJjCXI7wlPF9rjwm=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PXUc7I5IgN0PKCMK7SYkzDwC2cYp-PLQbleU8agBL6XGiaX8IXTa6k0YBtS6HkuKFm5FU-99UdNKfJgkrXhzvwyPlMy_HB6eo5Mf=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5YKmbNHIgJ6HekE3IARHT5bnzEF0Roo43AHUbziFHuv8dzeizIEdy-R4S33-dagRKZ3uUSdCnUquHDacvJnKAGnyV_WcFzfm_p6b=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/sZ_G-4J5_cf9wEn9gdIwnSYuXhfoE79MifPCOxQlapvT0FTXRjjNpm2F1U3QmrJKMwq4CZ03nG5LiN2-iNw3kQ_cylRqo1qY-tz6=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wAKggCZAGUCJYAQfgK-j1zDp07JKgdP90IG5RaN8AsZbCZ1KVJUMrZ7V5nHMACA7TfZc2EKNarzZf-N5B0YlY0cFw-t4HzwvdVsM=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/C6UJ6JNFgvLHt_uXROCp6HaasZpw-3J77UhVxCMtd9iqdHWy1T5GdmGDQ4sy-WAjZKZGy6wYX-6ElIhIWxgX0bKIWPZXQpztDelN=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_3q4P1SnosEVDzutIc9_zSMWH2WrgQJJNAnCIqtG4vM9Xsp5cxHVGHa1MHdcc84GKpAf1qFRUWMnaJptfZvYkMLpYdEYeboJbTIR=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qkKPtU6RrxXALugHGtC9D8gjfqTnY3CSxxjOVRV4qNAGPG1RfhC85NRLzpDpfK_ltVDUjBy2wtJ02esIXHqJ8vqR0Atv76rKUI00=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HDncknm_GfIXeSmqSAYcIY5Z5GZWRW6rmKOmy6bJd4ghs0QgyzpKBeHsyGSM3nQKlPW-lmr-mHFmyUqjtSIAuXD9jOY4IyfYmLbH=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HYGH18-DeZiNxWeL-ffjUJzsk-JpiY62XSYi-R_VxyMQo4DITNI7i8vkugu15URLi4fUM8_yGSMbxUmus2m3KXTy7KPfwAB862bF=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qLk55zcXMa4I4jBLtz_cIeSWrR5Kx1AdKWptoxG-4scsGe9x0F8elPk2cOTZrwi2Y6X8IDOXjEZTmllNvzuFDMyEaj81z11rzenh=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p_19fMSRI_rGXbOjJ-PMYjRExralH8ysgyBvzdUqtFe3ougN8nTWoYX160l9QTaOqr5XiC7qFO1hiQfU2akl4DQea4Ein3Wc_mTr=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aa5anPiwO9qKvrxFpAZ2pMIZu-eNWSH0WBOKylenZJN4kLi0BhB54osK2Pqp52C1U6tTbuS0PMVP0rZ9O8SDWSxiacPOSCg2cE3L=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TCzxugwuB7jEXWt75xqAUTUQ480juos33VUk-_WCMnPd9l_PmkuPP5aGUfrVlXWd0Mjk-YSnMRu-Pph8suUUUjMTz0FCIJpp0S6C=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/iGGzThPJklPibsGgRL5RzZUpCbOb3trPAZ4TIc53QuHl9MJvN6g0O3YSwjNWBMsMhuglbTxghLaJyaBRV9Z1idNoyzvoDoyXZ7Uv=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/s8Cqpdvyt-nEsqS9dKVBVbsPA0uN_RM0q9P5UHKRE2cbR3r_J0hoQNsQmq8EvFITu50B2YOsMEqe7nlByBcUZg2pLEA8olKYxh9e=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_FVF_jNvtN5d8ljbsOqZY8iqrTvi9mNAAxtJ9RWLgCTbeJE78o9WrAbj7STgfzkudkKMwnoZqexv5f-WZKiexceZOn6hvskqojWA=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/j5hPYyakcsUOU72FCvWNU4Nh7MoTPVDNyZrY2OJ7fafkx8w_eJPjpsFDqG2g5s0GuUwDtI3ofPCFR9dWMEFx78bGvKVab6Dol-rZ=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/M-LHmxpVi7BAkQx_xAQrn6VQSYEQsd4Eb9pUkjsTMFqCaYHh0qfSPG9RJl01j51ZA5f-EkVG41C_wwvsCmPCVwZ_jLTNJEK-imks=s0
Andreas Geisler no need to get so angry.
ReplyDeletePeople can choose if strangers can see their posts or if they only want them viewable to contacts. So if you can't see the posts of someone you aren't a contact with, then they don't want you to.
You also present contradictory info. You say that no one besides your contacts can see public posts, but you later state that someone looking for you can see your public posts.
What do you mean by "how will they know to look"? Well, how do you typically find people on g+? You search their name, see people your friends follow, or see who is in communities you are a part of. All three of the things I just mentioned are possible on mewe (but on mewe, you can actually see who are contacts with your friends if they have that setting turned on, as opposed to just having to look and see who comments on their posts in g+). Part of being social is jumping right into it, and not lurking around and waiting.
Here is an example of someone on mewe who I am not a contact with. As you can see, I can see this post of their's. I am seeing it because they made it public. Just like with g+, if I wanted both this person's public and private posts on my feed, I need to connect with them.
I hope this helps.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Z97mrTE3-v_eUM1FXj-HZ2C9D6dv11Ct4drca8YGaCcXiTQtAw092N5QsgNn1ihqAEfs6iaaEf0wbe3k2bJck_veDZuLBcauD5Pc=s0
Am rabdare sa testez reteaua sociala Openbook
ReplyDeleteI'm sticking with my new blog (see my Profile page for informaton). The associated Instagram (ditto) is already bringing some "new" people to it, along with friends and colleagues. I'll miss this sort of discussion - obviously, about other topics - but none of the options people have mentioned appeal to me. (I have saved another member's very clear, step-by-step instructions for Pluspora, should I later decide to go that route.)
ReplyDeleteThe Unknown Wanderer That is a worthless feature with regards to discoverability.
ReplyDeleteNo way whatsoever to form connections except with people you basically already know.
Do you remember your early G+ days ? It's the same
ReplyDeleteAlso who really uses the discover/trending feature of G+ ?
AFAIK most people don't like it one bit.
The only reason I have some contacts in MeWe right now is because most of us already know each other in G+. If it wasn't because of G+ I think I'd never be able to discover anybody there. Sure I could discover people from joining groups but so far it lead to bad experience. Back then I was able to discover other people in G+ even before the Community feature was added, because G+ made it quite easy to discover people. And then there was Shared Circles feature being added and my circles expanded greatly during that time.
ReplyDeleteHalfey Halphstein you got a point. I keep forgetting that Google+ started up way more social than it is now, it's been so long :/
ReplyDeleteYou make a very good point about it and it is aggravating when you're trying to make new connections or avoid nutjobs to not see what kind of posts they favor. Yet one of the selling points of the site is privacy. The best thing they can do is make it easier for people to connect for whom privacy isn't a major concern
ReplyDelete+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/spRN7Z8ECCgihPf90HexP3EANEABpTXyql9tSYm-Rj-EjfX_zao-jI6vGG4choSJWjmeLM1nVSPaZI7_FOSlJ_GY46gFtQnuMu2L=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/QaCk-9KkntovYNICtr5hnaduNz1BFbN-GBEby2mR_4kmxB5S5HZNQ8do-ilWJEGHmZbcnQZQJ6XH4aclCEAEIipfxrjDlYmeDawE=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/oO0sN9GhHZZHwhDZyt615pLVdOQPhacpzgAiCLG_7ir6YyJmkEgFif6L_-83xm4nubikuQZQO2lGYjxrXjMk0njLvY7FMVHlqU1y=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/NBcj9aSZX1dP9HuG5O0idr7L1G4AOvG0XgfHPGopJsDSz1SA2xRUMnQHPX10tH86PKnAiIFRUSDMfMITZHWWUG6Pz7pABuG0o2rs=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xOCjX-3z2aSnAoUSV9f3YvAA_5gOhDf8s7qjF-XuABujDJKAhB3Lr5J5HKuFqAtFVqTN-9JivXPjHztm6QoDhJiRUq5RryaTGxtf=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/JA7SlKIk837t5jtaq3gzwtlXWwZpdpW3d4O0UniG4Nn6auUACb0CrVJl5YFVYDFrAE88RqjdnQjnVRoEi98C6AS0YojaTWnUUTu3=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/zng7V_emdOOiYZA8qVtS7GnPXVhSgFAk8IBZFOUDyTKfj0qR7kRZxzzng8DMlX7B6-pQLUsi5Vuc0CMibMRXpYqWgMkgVm0SwYHE=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/sy5xg_sC4pjPQAXYv1BU1Fn-qwas1EKzCIsAQzPnrTJhWr1DLWYcIzM5mf5AhEKpuMh1E8gcBm5zhMKrcCQVl9u1M8L0n5LxT-R8=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4597DKaCcUgVcMyOoJjCndi3AqADWy3anHUOi0Esu1EcNLXVO0cpHJKSVzvkaO761PVjamL8t1VpS8iKK_wQXZLv1bduK5bvd9a=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/6igMCI16SSTB_dDciMSvBZ9ccjhKxqcjWNdlMGYCRkgrwDj9oyp7ov42kjJdCY1cQWVawbMKSUlv0EzIrh5qNLJOnF-8ZP6dTfE3=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8Oc92I7U1zZAIpXLL9-0P4yShlMRrajmeMyO0hiXgy-hEcdig1HuFj4RHIBJCMuQRkBGqmQTBUv6rF3fNiw5s2f9tL7K6SCK0fDQ=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/dEBTv0IIXnXoyuq5tqI1TNSGrJi8Djk13yDlYe921K39IRxRmmdezLt2XoFqF82oLVdD9i8a1VKCclP2Xl0VF_voOubUydNMea0p=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mv3Q51End64WHT06LB8bGdsvR3CaMWe7TgIgLUIKXBBgOnXuTdb96eovxtcEP3EoXSBZ4z2Md620fwHamQyOX4UdPU7RcX5x74Fv=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fM8dKlLctWcfOGvjpOSacDj4VXGMcfjjGnXw7JIC8os5AAksM0GRUPrKq-DgPhiuy2gBGyyo6mbdjkaDZK0bv3E4ZmmKmya8Xeg6=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BPzAzpnkUd-f7pwlPs_1VLEaKLYRXd8oox5ML7Ase7sgINTfthqqNnmycTqg1eq2WvZteu9vRQos_W5s13ATProxToFrxo9zWBIS=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7Yj0F64YsQjgwZGuPnNJ9edFUtkWnkrxWl761YDnxHpz8YnL17Zu3aMd6ECW5G5nOb_EefdogAFOFFwjxO6UkAr3Lpzwemrpbxnk=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/MT23kocs9zUgbPjTDbsURB4EFMepzI7whbpT4OMuHhfCJa0Pnm3JKOLpbXGtg5XbfiWM2SIznlyZa2ibzHpOOpiDUqKe5n0yP8G5=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pMuNKMRVEpI-ARA5fTAquxerUN9l64pWOrgLI34-_7ZkhauMArudegI8iBdV5RyNbV3JqwKC7Ph38jSvhr26UtCQx3jTux2Av_ez=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5gvS4LS8sTQN6lhrrWqUHlU0GJ9iqoPkO7a1vlyJB5hkvQzX7E-i3ogdqWrZad-Z-UEuqi86-QWMN0juIauNfWDJzZlUbQtTvzHK=s0
+Andreas Geisler then use the community tab. Is essentially both the discover and community tabs on g+ in a single tab. You can browse pages, see open communities to join, and see ones you're a part of.
ReplyDeleteHere's just the one to search for communities. You can search specific terms or use one of the categories.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_1Y-l9Lql7mrzzblIHVlPrAx5V2-ldsA1Vcw42CbS9HRK4b8gd_qkgDpw5rNF2cI9jLNi7EhiZHMtY-9iyg7NYym1rBtw_OcxxB9=s0
I did a very short look into Openbook
ReplyDeleteCyrill Kunze
They're written in Vue, which is a joke in itself honestly. Along with that, their code is very slowly worked on, with the last commit over 8 days ago. I'm 100% not expecting this site to launch in March and if it does it will be buggy and incomplete. Their team has big players, but their work shows inactivity.
I'm not here to diss them as an alternative, but they do seem to he fairly slow and inactive which I do not trust.
https://github.com/OpenbookOrg/openbook-org-www/commits/master
Edit: They also are English only and Europe based which is not well aligned with G+'s userbase
Alex I have no idea about coding stuff but I know they are working hard. The medium link I posted here shows some of the real app and for the web app they use the django framework. Maybe you should wait for the next update on 15th february and the start of the alpha before we can have an opinion about that. And it's totally normal that at this point the network starts only in english language. There will be localisations.
ReplyDeleteCyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Fo-pQIx9q11Y42SiBJVmVE2gkMX36GqepzbNwhagYrkhcGR3KtmvG_rWun-efS1_W0pecIYLjm0BBKeh0z_MiLxNuPBz9suhAa4=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ycI2LYVhHr6in-O5l1XAV5QWNyYJfvpMwjxfoKGHapuMesboxxil-SCkbSZmJZPFKD-ZvkeZ1zjw7jFFlYd-uRtEn86LuLit9L8=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tZgdNsA2hTR7uRqomeV0DC8LpxRHcLgdVbfHPMMKg8yJvg7LOmjU4AubKtZrjCIHZS4rspLGMqLD7PQm_yBfg8rUkrqlJ58yXpE=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uL_FMoakrJMOZ_m69knNselsmDHOh6eM7Gvf8w-WNMn0zSyjFY6Chs40-Ekwv0Z9uNX6Qtval1La1VHHXGGeAqc9apFeierGjGk=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/DfNpHC9FtcFKB-0923bgsik1HY6Fc-xp1yAVYEPUKCReHGosGuZQ8y-n-9rfUSvL42WX9_vfwdh8SITSvihNQjT3OKdI5eP9QUU=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/JeCdpGFWnubbH7qR7TcRs5ZC1JE7j4QhxZFgTRnNZFzLJRG3HvC9YWO3iKUdWYjz8Gy6wiQj4xs35xG74ClMjkOQVO6UtnbqbQI=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5tNUkbk13g7MsAVqlIj7khDd0oCi-PaJ0_stOZ0qg37hAfRt9xk9BQuUeXVw9PveMw-_2LjYeMp39USmvaWnkOnGCQA10eAY8fY=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/0t09O6qotJOxVX6QfaUH33JZ8W4Sn7Psl32zKa9cQ011DRnjytCh0kDRfcBvP-e8dK0LgXMDmf1q28bCVdnUwGZhOBveja1xcMg=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/I_R240bNn7PCHgiH_ewQKEnS2lV8ChppuFCdw9NHOlQEdwCMdx_QXJRQEpWbYiK8OUen46gHXf6c0PLJdwx56uJQAVnnOVXq24M=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Tbv-FDO9BnGS1hvkDmvjnYchOBB6iPi6OWOd62-vjaqwM67OAhLf5m8fA3u_I3w6R1i2-_GIiWPigvvSLYBBXTSSyt5z26lowts=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pDBbAF7eE7KWUDW08f0y-42oeEF1nIeXSgltTa8IZW0mTW9_ZLRqTyNrMhE5kyngfiYyNQXDosUZOBxdlYjADcA_jX-S-7QAerw=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TwclZ3Tk3DAGR67gh7tHAB27-JOdQRAA1k0y7-vNH8JKxltVZgckhyEBuwmoAY0zo5rGxaDHrjntrPqfIq9DfEWeDA4jsqW2RB4=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EOn2FOK7qB4Ay9M_M-RHpTSVwmI491fN-Q7utf54zUzGfHDZLlIgL4QXOMKtYkFbQdZZDZWJK1eP9vax29LnBX_AZmfdJlUDo3o=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-d544gJV-rbzRz8O58ZrGbiYuJ7vWVRCB8mwOaL1NZZK8qxmbzU1PvUbr88g5--BKT6LZzkPiL6jp3Ufio3h74ljc6lyZ3Bsg5w=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PZjfkencTkg4KpOco3_VKpbbpi0BUYgGPlavZXuTf6gsrR9VPVwZf4omgubQLuXohJDKtN8BwvLDM09fwqpQ5TLACg_TMEr8Sgg=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/RLph-bJQcjGVuDTC9zryn7wYiJDoE7EvqCvqLUSxX6MynGGdbboSY0OZE7jk0D7Eb_6TwRps6rbnsGon4bTSdxl6VhgF1gPVS3U=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9Uxpu8mg3oy6cs79biXYVRR1kGOWkKoBtYQxmlwxhF4c2EGDo3_WOjQp-SsIWK73a2ckExMC_UELHH8U1Y5xGhzK5o4C7vXw2wA=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/y8Uw57YKX0hI_aEFDNB_hPYr2LLLdvOrt-lupO50WPHR12juX_cv8inxc3K3pkwsnDvxjUL-BN2EoJCNpxM1kxi-ORkXKcxxxdo=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/CeZWrMPWTtdxRmIo2wh1cNRcyjAiajEUaY0RUaJHPsL0vAoyPwcUoUuc9DqAgnPIfuCll8Pn_3CU-bCqdAC42upEJ1UrYGLSpv4=s0
Cyrill Kunze
ReplyDeleteThey are not using Django, they are using Node.js and Vue.
I've looked at their code pretty well, and they're also not even doing hardly any original work, as shown in the image below.
Bulma is a framework for design that basically gives you resources for free and means you have to do jack squat for work.
Along with using webpack which is notorious for bloat.
Overall from what I've seen the site will look meh because he took the easy way out. The site will be fairly slow under load because Javascript is a very very slow language, and Vue is just a bad idea all around.
I personally refuse to use the site. Others may but I won't.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9KK5DQM8rObMvW4Z4Zx5iOOHzuyJIZ5FErXe4H1nrL6Rn1qy03fC2UQddT4bXJgMj7Cn87Pmv3sYeGThhrEnnoL7oPngG9Ywx2M=s0
Also, languages will not be coming for a good while as back in July last year he made it English only and remove all of the code for translations.
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying MeWe. Of course, I make sure to stay away from the nutjob groups. But I've noticed them less as more people have moved over from here. They're basically being diluted out. So, the more new users, the more good content, the better.
ReplyDeleteThe reason MeWe doesn't have public-to-the-world posts, yet, is their privacy policy. The only way they can keep their user's data secured is to put them behind the login wall.
But it's not the privacy of the posters they're concerned about. If a poster wants to make a public post, it's their choice to sacrifice whatever privacy they're comfortable with to do so. It's the privacy of a post's commenters that the site has to protect. Those who want to comment on posts and interact with the poster, but not necessarily have their information released to the world.
One suggestion that's been brought up is to make a (truly) public post option that would hide all comments unless someone was logged into the site. And they've said their working on public-to-the-world posts, but no idea what shape that's actually going to take.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ibWEW8GR4EBXGNVJhB03WRDWsVJp_vOD-YOqCGIqJw1t9ByCfPj3pqdy4xngp1eRg27E6ThPguReKWjTjCrPpBwA9aAXy9FoPSQ=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/W4JaZXX2uywWsInfei5czZFdnQaY-r4nnnox9zYFuisowhh95RjVzQX-QLbWVFVojR5rICz6h2ylzlxIH36O3B_vdFz2cbPdXes=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/f1lWytnlqCkV8ApQHaKN9GbCCK_F9P9zUrJmDBoptSwFXNhNNl9FYEtOLYS-rHelhkC__GIucgSS6fWcUWlR467bQEh8Ah_vx6A=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lhuIj0vdwwky0ja18LtCAC8txL2r-deS6J_6H3B0X91rgyWdFzk-pDeQOEZ-quOdXWh8qDqRctitrgDCEL1k3VSLtae8of5j4tc=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eTOg-iQzlNpM3jKTSPqoW0sqAe4tx0sUMHmAwjklYy1S-cMF-Ja3mF4Wd2tXahcxH-QtT58r7hscWkpqDXEgo-hjAlN6ZUx0jog=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xD0s14z1GHnuD9UcAO6UkN2x4iTIg1Z1yLdLyQ_vlhhYlpqBQNcTnIBKJ8ZCG4d3x4hoOp-2jUOG8UQ-w0QV2eqk-dfY_MR6s-U=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/n_iRXKeYsWk_kUkXik9R-61SQViCYv-YUnzIDxioLaz4lV41BRGOdK8bFlptP6vUo5gq8nDsxObZexmwehrD1OnBS2umSMfNv4I=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/j_YMl6UHpTqjb8-NyRUTl9jsasDOG4ARar0Upz81Y11VP5IHO5BOOJaWHTr4sZApYb7eBbJ2JJ_G2O-ddNoK8_eAqP5K97nZBBM=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BpbFhbqc5aB_RLQenqrTsYlcMdxqmqZ0ncTYf21hEQE-6Yyu2dhCOfYmR-kZDtbwN_274kDqcVoiU5-l8AapOq39E3PL2H0gF3M=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/DXGLBBAVcjR5rHlZ0-p5mt7UHMC-hvY3AHYYVp238JUJYTeGLidtbEnB-eBd_3cpMb988J6Rh7pwGLokE9SDyk32yiSnVRV8Od8=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/vKkB-DwNU5ghpDWVg4beCX_tEXUBmI-ogJcFk1_AIIiMEodUcAEhclLyo3f4Agdl5AKfhIZskOCw1zpaia_i1LofN-7zd_sNpek=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7sVoqNur9aetZ_6cSjwnFaG8x_2BVFcOEeFMn7EKQm9jfiwQTJdk2pzQ9U3_oHcRtRMGPwWNLeBGzBYtxtemx-LEO_oZsu2qbxs=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/U4ZSTYqYCEHzae-ukQTCTuXVA41KuEP5d-G2nZQkL9Kzf6lhnS6D_oePLQd91xWccZPxiLgo_SM2S3pXJ1_WW4C5a_3IGSKBn6Y=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tnYL7cEXUuqVvYhXt0m_6s5URftoAbhmtEhMERIP8XEchQ5CG6iScwzAd1OtgJ_T85Ul4imzc1GABLE2KrkeEITyPjhIGqi6xUo=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HpVG_r9VlB2UhpEfn3AlRduiwtB47kmdrtfo6qPToVMhw_lQxdEoEqJOjNhLn30K3BY_mwv-kthuwKoWTFR92MVrQTFofDC32U4=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lTGSDTl20INhGIS0t-yGAUaxQg9qjXg58P0OLo7-MBlWBSxXscfe10wQbPWV1VSGFEV3Oaz9aTTJ_TFlKAk2s4THc3evJQ_gi-U=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mUvB3LAmYvMaqni1u1iLEp1Jr57nUKhGI484O0f2dcgXyR5oE6ONNDZ-RRtiBMHwhIb6ilceax-Yqhl8tHWV2htPobbphNyyOG0=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/rZlpz0tDVpzRjf6BHDYLeiuT1GxMryPrAVeTylaq2iSuKtAWz6KFgGaXQlL6jCObM6Szz6jkwSFRkYUSRmGE1N8UA-ZfbuSKlyY=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/27Xb0byROh53oiJMXN0Y5dUIDpcnjOCc1B6xkfKpMHUta68jX6JUbGBwU6aw62Vxbv2m_g47BdDR3By9TXIzLSqIyHWLs9SBrLw=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wdGz_cZEoUsfKs6i1X_A6tr1nfWJFI2R27CTzC6pqJSCJffZllRZOmTRpFSC6DlpB2EqF3mhqOp598B87nkmZ1NP_aAjo0bRqdE=s0
ReplyDeleteAlex Maybe you're looking at the wrong place for the code. Look into the first post campaign update on Indiegogo. They're using Django and Flutter. We should wait what is coming and when you're interested in come over to the slack channel and ask him for the tech stuff.
ReplyDeleteIts their official github linked on their website.
ReplyDeleteEven if it were true though, Django/Python is fairly slow and wouldn't handle the load fairly easily. It'd require immense optimizations and work that I don't see the devs putting in.
ReplyDeleteAlex as long as mewe itself loads faster than g+, I'm happy. So far, mewe loads for me better than g+ before they even started the shut down, but I expect it will get worse over time. I agree that they need to make sure whatever they use can handle loading fairly well.
ReplyDeleteMewe is well built but lacks features thats my only opinion on it
ReplyDeleteMy desktop browser froze right as i clicked the create account button x)
ReplyDeleteit does feel faster than G+ though, but not smoother
Alex I'd say the devs seem like a more promising bunch than the people Google put in charge of G+. They've demonstrated that they can listen to people and I hope they continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteI've gave it try for 3 times! And ended up deleting my account 4th time and didn't looked back. Owners don't even bother to reply - they do announcements from TWITTER. Heck, If I have to login to Twiter to see what's going on with MEWE why should I use MEWE in the first place, I just stick with Twitter. So much nonsense.
ReplyDeleteIt loads fast because each user is only connected to a handful of others.
ReplyDeleteAlex Just for your information why you see nothing relevant on github for the moment:
ReplyDeleteWe plan to open source post the public launch. We re definitely committed to that
Going to your local coffee shop used to work . Why do folks think there's a magic social site out there ?..you're still essentially jabbering away in your head to a stylized personality. Maybe that's ok for most people, not me.
ReplyDeleteI got an account t on mewe but never use it.
I like stackexchange but it's not a social site perse.
..get hammered there tho' with my opinions.
K. T. I'd like to meet for a coffee then 😁
ReplyDelete