Skip to main content

Community Survey Update, 5 April 2019

Community Survey Update, 5 April 2019
Continuing to survey for communities, I decided that I'd go beyond the communities I'm a member of and do a search on a generic term and see what was there. (Since I'm gay, I searched communities for "gay".) I'm seeing different things in communities than I did just yesterday:
* Communities with no owner, only moderators
* Communities with neither owners nor moderators
* Communities with owners/moderators, but nobody has a name, just profile pic and "(unnamed)" when the user card is brought up

In all cases that I've looked at so far, there's no yellow/red banner warning of the community due to lack of GSuite owner.

Edit: After checking ~100 results, I found none that will survive. Some still had posts that hadn't been deleted, but all the spot-checks I did showed people who hadn't posted publicly in the last couple of years...so GSuite, but no longer using G+.

Comments

  1. I believe it only shows the banner when you are a member/moderator/owner of the community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian Holt Hawthorne -- Tested and confirmed. I joined one that had no banner and it showed up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"