Skip to main content

GSuite G+ Pro Tip #2: Allowing Anyone on G+ to send you Notificationswill make it easier to see if someone has, for...

GSuite G+ Pro Tip #2: Allowing Anyone on G+ to send you Notifications will make it easier to see if someone has, for example, +Mentioned you. By Default, my Org sets this to Extended Circles, so I almost missed a user +Mentioning me when it was sent to Other Updates in my Notifications because we weren't following each other (yet).

To change this, go to Settings --> General and at the top you will see Who can send you notifications?. If this isn't set to Anyone already, choose it from the drop-down menu.

Also make sure that Who can comment on your public posts? is set to Anyone as well, and I recommend setting Who can see your "+1's on Posts" activity? to Only You (Circles are being phased out, so do not choose a Circle-based Setting for this) so your Followers (and others in your Org, if this is a concern) won't see your +1's. I used to leave this on, but be very sparing in using the +1 Button, but it seems best just to hide it now.

Your Org may restrict these settings, so your mileage may vary from mine.

Comments

  1. I had to set my notifications to Anyone way back when I first activated G+ on my domain, so I even forgot this wasn't the default setting anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd also turn on "Help people outside my organization find my profile in search results" under profile so it's easier for other survivors to find you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t have a general section 0-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Virden It's the top section in Settings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good call. Mine wasn't right either. How about the pop-up every time I make a comment that it will be seen publicly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn Marie Apparently that is an Admin Setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Virden iOS? If so, try to the Mobile Web App Settings Menu, instead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"