Skip to main content

This is surreal.


This is surreal. Like watching the Rapture from up in Heaven, but like before too many people get there and it's still quiet and spacey. Rapture+?

Anyways, I'm here. What the hey, right? I don't know if this account will be around but maybe a couple-few years, or if it is what changes may take place to render it entirely unusable as a connecting place, but nothing lasts forever.

This, too, shall pass, but I can still enjoy the moment. Hey, why not tell me a bit about yourself, and maybe we can Circle each other? I'll start:

I'm a Psych Masters, defending this coming Fall Semester, hoping to go on for my Ph.D. afterwards but not quite sure how things will go near-term. I'm working with EEG Research on children and adults and the processing of own- and other-race faces, and I recently had my first Conference Abstract approved. I'll be doing a Poster Presentation at the annual meeting of the Vision Sciences Society in late May, in case anyone will be there or in the area.

On my own, I'm developing a model for the evolutionary ultimate origin and survival value of Dreaming (with separate, though parallel, models for REM and NREM Dreaming), and working on a project involving the Evolutionary Psychology of Human Habit Selection.

I'm also a Tech Nerd, a Proud Geek, an Introvert-Extrovert (yep, we exist), and a lifelong disciple of the path of self-mastery and transcendence.

What about you?

Comments

  1. Hi there,
    are the G Suite user ?
    If not, your community would be probably deleted.
    To preserve, make a G Suite user the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizee T. The owner of this Community is a GSuite user, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Eli Fennell , your CV is awesome! And the dreaming model is intriguing.

    (do g+hosts dream?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Li Gardner Thanks. It took a long time to get here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, definitely not, but some few hundreds would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eli, your research sounds intriguing, and important for understanding identification in criminal trials.

    Ok, we gonna do all the intros on this thread?

    I’m a criminal defense lawyer currently working for a nonprofit society in Thunder Bay, Canada. I moved here 4 years ago after Vancouver got too crazy. I had lived in Vancouver for 30 years, but wow the place has changed. Love my memories of Vancouver, but not the place for me anymore.

    So here I am. My work takes me out on the road, and I post sometimes about the trip, but not the work. I post images of stuff that catches my eye, slice-of-life observations, and the adventures of my beagle/lab cross. The latter I limit to once a week so she doesn’t take over my stream.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"