Skip to main content

Currents, the newest GSuite app

 
So, who has Admin control of their GSuite G+ Account and is willing to try out this Beta and report back to the rest of us about how it affects our Ad Hoc Community Building efforts?


  • Norbert Rittel's profile photo
    I already sent a mail to Google to be enrolled in the Currents beta.
  • 13h
    Eli Fennell's profile photo
    +Norbert Rittel Excellent! Good taking the initiative.
    13h
    Kim Nilsson's profile photo
    Applied.
    13h
    Michael Warburton's profile photo
    Emailed too.
    12h
    Peter Kiddier's profile photo
    Applied for two domains
    12h
    Julie Wills's profile photo
    Well I do, but I'd need to look into what that's all about
    12h
    Nathan Weaver's profile photo
    I signed up. Thoughts and prayers. I suspect there's potential I may lose y'all, if they don't have external comms set up yet. Fingers crossed. If I don't lose y'all, I'll report back.
    10h
    Julie Wills's profile photo
    My work domain isn't currently using G+, so nobody will miss it, and I have nothing to lose by trying it.
    9h
    Steve Coles's profile photo
    Will people be able to report back here or will they lose access to what's left of G+?
    "Currents is replacing Google+ for G Suite, and has a new look, feel, and set of features. All of your organization’s existing Google+ content will automatically transfer to Currents once you are enrolled in the beta."
    9h
    Brian Holt Hawthorne's profile photo
    +Steve Coles Sounds to me like once you move to Currents, you lose Google+. Also, sounds like Currents is entirely intra-organization.
    8h
    Filip H.F. “FiXato” Slagter's profile photo
    Tbh, I'm loathe to beta test another social replacement by Google, especially after them killing off Google+... It feels too much like rewarding them for a bad decision...
    7h
    Eli Fennell's profile photo
    +Brian Holt Hawthorne I have not seen anything that says that we will lose our ability to do what we are doing right now with this ad hoc community building effort. We may, but right now they haven't said that our Public Following/Posting privileges are being revoked.
    7h
    Eli Fennell's profile photo
    +Steve Coles That's why we need a volunteer. Sadly, it may be a one-way suicide mission.
    7h
    Eli Fennell's profile photo
    We've got a lot of volunteers willing to risk themselves. Maybe only one person should enter the possible Zombie Wasteland?
    7h
    Robert Harvey (JackCorbae)'s profile photo
    I smell a re-brand ... I think I'll wait for more info too although it also sounds to me like G+ will be killed off for GSuite users in the end anyway so once again we'll get an ultimatum from Google and then once we've switched to Currents, and gotten used to it, it will probably get killed off or replaced by something with less features again ... Do I sound jaded? I used to love Google but it's becoming an effort ...
    6h
    Nathan Weaver's profile photo
    This is the future of G+ which means we'll all be there eventually -- for better or worse. I'd rather see what's coming now. But it's also possible that they will have it stunted at start without external comms immediately. If I end up in an even worse Ghost Town, I'll let +Eli Fennell or someone else know. We're connected elsewhere. Feel like Ed Harris in The Abyss. About to be slowly let down into the unknown, further and further down into the dark and cold. Here's to hoping there are pretty alien-like creatures at the bottom.

    Comments

    ”go"