Skip to main content

Smart phone test

Test

Comments

  1. I've made another test on my smart and can summarize:
    I have two apps for Google+, one is with a circle icon and the other is squared icon.
    It failed to send a post and being asked for a category with the former app (circle icon) but it works on PC and with the other app but squared icon (probably a bit different app but both are G+ apps ;-)).
    Just for your information :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will delete this post later, probably a day later, okay? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. One is the app, the other is a shortcut/bookmark. Pretty sure the one on the left is the app

    ReplyDelete
  4. But if use the "left" app, it fails to post to a category. It works with the "right" app :D Also the UI of both apps (interfaces) is different .

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may need to provide further screenshots or explore the menus if each, see if you can get a version number. I think the square one is actually a browser shortcut. Also you may wish to check you are using the latest version of the app

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably you are right :D
    As for versions: the app is: 10.28.0.239896912
    and the right/squared has ver. 43 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rupert is correct Elizee T.

    The right icon (square) is a shortcut/bookmark from Chrome (likely, based on the version number of 43). The web app works the same (for now) as it does in desktop. So there are advantages and disadvantages to that.

    I'm attaching a screenshot of my own. I'm doing the same thing, because the app (left, circle) has issues since April 2. Plus I assume the web will get updates faster than the app. My shortcut looks a little different, because I'm using the Edge browser, but it's the same principle. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TYfrYkYeK4jqL4h06LPr707dAa3Jq9eLelkVUsRUnSCFlxJDZV82bcl627P8gMk5PH-qjtqKP6vEleGyAxQPu7113QsphVH98Ptx=s0

    ReplyDelete
  8. For example, I find I can only follow people from the web/shortcut version. The app is broken for following people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not having problems with the app. I'm commenting using it right now.

    But there's no reason why you can't use whichever one works best for particular situations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"