Skip to main content

I have opened an account at https://steemit.com/@cade.johnson On arrival there one is made strongly aware of the...

I have opened an account at https://steemit.com/@cade.johnson On arrival there one is made strongly aware of the focus on monetization of content. Not being particularly interested in that aspect is simplifying in a way - I can ignore about 80% of the content. Promotion of photography posts seems to occupy much of the remaining bandwidth. There are, as far as I have been able to ascertain, no news services posting there. A couple of topics which I personally follow - offgrid living and artificial intelligence, don't make their list of "all tags". So I am mildly discouraged, but only beginning. If anyone else is there, please advise me here or on steemit so we can share notes.
http://Steemit.com

Comments

  1. I would use a better tool for creating your feed. You should be able to filter on any tag and save your filters. But the number of active users is small. Expect nothing spectacular.

    steemlookup.com - Steem Search Engine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Benjamin Ljung - that steemit search is certainly an improvement on the search inside steemit - but it is crazy to have to leave the site to search it! And you were right - the content is pretty thin at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty active on Steem/Steemit for more than 2 years. There are lots of cool projects being built on it. What it really lacks as a G+ alternative are actual communities. It's supposed to get them some time, but that may be delayed as they have laid off some staff recently. I still see a lot of potential there. I've met a lot of people at the Steemfest events who inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"