Weird/sad thing is, I still discover new people in these last, trembling moments on G+. If you get a friend connect from me on some other platform, and you haven't been connected to me on G+, I am not a stalker. I just discovered you when we all are leaving the room, so to speak. :-)
Peace,
--lgt
Peace,
--lgt

Yes, know what you mean. I’ve saved a few URLs, and references, for things to follow up well past Sunset. The morning after, as it were. A bit of a silver lining, at least.
ReplyDeleteIt is strange, I actually feel more connected now to people here
ReplyDeleteWe're probably part of some weird experiment.
ReplyDeleteMarcel Maximo G+ was always at its strongest when Plussers were talking about the Plus, for some reason.
ReplyDeleteWell, not always, but frequently.
Marcel Maximo I think its partly that we all, in our own ways, enjoyed this environment with people from all over who became friends. Thats one thing. Then, we got dumped on by Google, who showed none of the competence and professionalism and customer service that such an organisation is supposed to exhibit (and I think that behaviour is becoming more common from all big orgs, commercial, and governmental). Thats second. And third, People like the Google Mass Migration team to helped the rest of us get our act together, deal with all this crap, and move on. Thats a big shared experience.
ReplyDeleteAlistair Langsford I agree completely.
ReplyDeleteMy old social sites were all about people I already knew. But almost from the first, G+ has been about finding the best friends I've never met. Why should that change now?
ReplyDeleteSallie Alys Montuori The fact that G+ didn't use the "connect with old friends" mindset was something that I at first found intriguing, later felt was one of the defining features of G+. Finding people with common dreams and interests, both locally and globally, was really, really exciting.
ReplyDeleteCheck this out, Openbook: openbook.social - Openbook | A social network for a better tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI keep gravitating to this community more than maybe any others.Not just to learn how to keep my present friends/followers appraised of my nee homes in cyberspace, but reading "strangers" on here and their stories makes me wish I knew THEM too. I feel like we on Google Plus are members of an extended family, and Although we don't know each other I feel like I will miss them too,and i have in fact connected with some new folks from Google Plus on other networks who we just recently saw each others "goodbye" posts. Sort of like if I were visiting or stranded in a foreign land and i see some Americans and i befriend the new Americans because they might be friends I have not met yet.
ReplyDeleteI put myself on the waitlist for openbook too.Might as well.