Are there platforms available that allow you to completely block crazies?
As a female.. and a fed up with BS adult.. the ability to make people disappear from my existence that are being unreasonably horrible is VERY important.
As a female.. and a fed up with BS adult.. the ability to make people disappear from my existence that are being unreasonably horrible is VERY important.

Both MeWe and Minds have robust blocking features.
ReplyDeleteI hope so cause blocking crazy, toxic females is important to me
ReplyDeleteCydramech Zaharak
ReplyDeleteMinds only allow you to block people from commenting on your posts, but they can still see your posts and vote up and down.. only you can't see they voted.
Easily weaponized.
How does Mewe blocking work?
Ah.
ReplyDeleteCydramech Zaharak
ReplyDeleteHow does Mewe blocking work?
I'm currently looking at Reddit and I was wondering about how blocking works as well. And, I found this. Apparently you can report their post/comment for something (anything) and you get the option to block them.
ReplyDeletereddit.com - r/answers - How do I block a user on Reddit without having interacted with them?
J Stone You see nothing of theirs.
ReplyDeleteAs owner and moderator of multiple communities, the ability to deal with porn, trolls and spam is a must. A community must be
ReplyDeletesafe and protect its members! MeWe....hmm....will check it out.
John Wehrle
ReplyDeleteAm I understanding correctly that a mod has to approve your ability to block?
Cydramech Zaharak
ReplyDeleteCan they still see yours?
J Stone my understanding is that whenever you report one of your auto-options is to block.
ReplyDeleteJohn Wehrle
ReplyDeleteAnd it is a real block. They can no longer see your posts?
If there are moderators from other communities reading this thread, please add your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteJ Stone I don't know. I suspect that the account you block can't see your stuff anymore but I need to check on that. But since Reddit has no real name policy it's going to be pretty trivial for someone to make a different account. Or, if your content is public, to just open an incognito browser. But, of course, the same is also true here on G+. I think it is far safer to assume that blocking is only useful for us to not see them but not the other way around.
ReplyDeleteTo really not be seen by a specific individual who wants to see your content is going to be more difficult on just about any social media platform. In reality that requires not making public posts and confining your posts to those you know and trust.
John Wehrle
ReplyDeleteI got to where I would pre- block people that were obvious trolls when they showed up in other people's posts. Many profiles I blocked for being ass hats never even knew I had seen their posts.
J Stone Honestly, I don't know. But so long as I can't see those I block, I'm fine with it.
ReplyDeleteMewe has complete block like Facebook
ReplyDeleteMeWe is best for that, I think.
ReplyDeleteJ Stone Given the strict privacy mentality on MeWe, my assumption was that blocking is stringent and effective. This is the case. From the MeWe knowledge base:
ReplyDelete"On MeWe, you may block any other member for any reason, unless they are the owner of a group of which you are a member. To block someone, select their avatar to open up their profile, and then tap Block on the far right under their profile picture. This will block them from being able to find you on MeWe, and from seeing any of your posts, comments, or chats in any groups in which you may mutually be members. Other than the fact that they will no longer be able to contact you in any way on MeWe, they will have no other indication that you blocked them.
The names of those you block will appear in a special “Blocked” list on your account, that can be accessed by going to the More tab on the far right (the one with three little horizontal dots), pressing My Contacts, selecting the gear in the upper right corner, and then tapping Blocked Contacts. If you ever wish to unblock someone, you will need to go here and simply tap circle icon to the left of the person’s name."
I love blocking. I just wish it worked in the real world!
ReplyDeletePeter Maranci It does if you build a moat and load it with hungry megalodons.
ReplyDeleteYou mean like this
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/0_IXzir0qtheJP5A2OmHPsK-GZqcoujn9ed8kwxZLUiz8zE6n2fX8W0xWGwgKUVNBACtV0bF_b-iz-0=s0