Skip to main content
Shit they confirm this is closing down?

Comments

  1. Definitely closing down. August 2019. This is not a drill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What "closing down" actually means is completely up in the air. As they will keep it around for "corporate customers."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar Brown But for us ordinary folks it will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The consumer product is going away in August 2019. The Enterprise gSuite product will continue to be suported but obviously behind user names and passwords so…

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Blanar It is not so clear what will happen with G Suite use. For example, I am a G Suite user, and have been using G+ to post publicly from this G Suite account since they added support for it few months into the original beta. (Okay, it was still called Google Apps for Domains back then I think).

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Blanar sad. Which site you guys going to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgar Brown means they keep the pages for corp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian Holt Hawthorne The distinction here is that access is determined on a domain-by-domain basis and I'm pretty sure public visibility of posts is turned off by default (although I'd have to check). I'm not sure it's a scalable solution.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"