We have 10 months and that's what this community is building to help figure out... Jumping ship now feels premature but if you want to explore and help with the feedback check some of the posts and try them for yourself and let us know what you think.
Christopher Spackman I and I'm sure many others have that same question for many services. It should just be a google account, but most of the time you just have a screen name and those aren't unique.
Andreas Holzer Many don't. Many use the stock app on their Samsung or other device.
Having a Samsung device I have a few options for backing up photos including their own cloud service. Their photo service is also extremely similar to Google Photos.
Could Google be gearing up to charge for Photo storage?
Both MeWe and Diaspora seem to be gathering steam. There's a Diaspora instance called Pluspora that specifically caters to G+ refugees. Diaspora also seems closer to G+ in functionality than MeWe; you can follow people without them following you back, and you can organise people in circles aspects. Not sure about the rest yet. MeWe seems to be very barebones.
New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.
We have 10 months and that's what this community is building to help figure out... Jumping ship now feels premature but if you want to explore and help with the feedback check some of the posts and try them for yourself and let us know what you think.
ReplyDeleteTake a look at Vero and Mastodon
ReplyDeleteTake a look at Vero and
ReplyDeleteLinks please
ReplyDeleteI've seen a few mention Google Photos, will that be impacted by the shutting down of G+?
ReplyDeleteChristopher Spackman I and I'm sure many others have that same question for many services. It should just be a google account, but most of the time you just have a screen name and those aren't unique.
ReplyDeleteNo doubt Google will make a complete mess of it. Safest bet I think is to download all important stuff and day goodbye to Google completely.
ReplyDeleteChristopher Spackman I don't think so. I'm sure the majority of Android users use it for photo backup.
ReplyDeleteI'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2nnjd87SqhhrSD8vH_QkWkL69cj3ND6MxJHv5qPfNVfvXapkVMuiOcg1Aho6i_oqOnw6QTB3Q7HaFVnCe0IW3DtafvAF_t-PLeqO=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kS7y0n04FN8t_XNXc3tqkeRGwH3k81dTz3d_hTXRpBRDR3Ekv_QcyHDOddi6AMNT9QyZPkJ03ZbkvsUFu5nfxTlmJ_ckFgsbSF9A=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tdU4M-GmHSppcPxWbanf2mkHUK0enD_xiNOkcECigMTg9mJ27344Nnyz76YnrfowQxACvuockji5--anGJRVpX-FPDYWja5mPk0R=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7ef5NgM-b5GMxbp_hofBKsCRVPKAmZOyuDvhv9iuth2UxfJV3CM5-GFJR3paCs4QXmlF5Bl18kKbdvHrVwY2UkpfuQDino3DE0QF=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8R3WWd2JpVTusj8-Te6oY5HYQL8CZsRbiaEobjpAYLH8xbvEOVG7brhfHFLH5NYPS-AMQ64fc2ARKPh_Nb7RXnIlBXnNRZPZQYj-=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_-xVoW1OD2EfJK56bzTtp42aaUOBgo4fFWroiP3Ab4tFDUo7lKbPu-Ow8AJnZHdljkoaBTRjOKO4SDUnzKBvzB3bw6AqpvhbFoRq=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XabhP7bskw3zghuHrUygWvoJ9NUBq6GgSQctpTjXlZ09KafHjs7oMX39l5cNuQKa_htkWTR-ZtNNnVu2-ITP7QvCu9FYL19VlJ96=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EjVmDTJLKZdsVJ0J3qx_hk7op_duYx0q8VEXYuSkilErhFNq0GZH0SlCLPLlrJtEXMDoh4rcyRVCeZ3cPFzUB4YfZK-H7cPmyXkQ=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/VEqQb8oj8GH1SAZvFCzjAokIJ-uY4qXDjMvDS_bp74KDIP97ccBiXwbXW-ItlYG4arEDUYz58dm7BiZY8p8Xpzhx0psV3ooe5hJw=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PboifQ3DgjkRei4_FumPK_zX9R_eaANHMuruUWg1h49jwDWtY0bKIAzEbPLro2UZLQqBfv9WRUk-CJxxjVydsKQljZqXUrCxNOXv=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WjZUU3HrUgBSSFEM4BH4Y2OQdwCXD1CvkIBOM4IkbWG7_zCgoDD3rFNJMsrOk1-JaWToPTbF2lBkdfC5uh-BzauJ3pka-mDa72qy=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PGLNT7ixBDHP9B10PdAnpynLmiRnBynV4i6g_zgBPjVI2PwbVtVanFDL5M4jsZCEvzT5xxICWeNpz_szZt2F9xTOGbwkdg9sxrzM=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/w4wo7bkuKjVds9KaIq32sCn31jt_uclUdfX1ys-X4nsbcm_0Wf1AdsVAlOhxKAB7M3VBfHO76Pu4O2dG1lUh3rC9Kg2il8AREhxD=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mMX0lL3pbUXDjVR3NvWKIRJLPxd7lPRkZHWxRuENwz3j2nOuRnmvQNsG8Hpvqn8SANlUuw3bFjb-zqpHyesZxM0HYlytQgR7bsbs=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GBrBbIycj_dc0u-4Ar_v77_kRIx1HOvZfk4Yd7bwrT91boSFTIM0uixRLxr0M6WzJDHEZ-Pyqqm4787pe_bf6Z5y0p11iG_iZ1Ri=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TJXgD8zUofvaUZU2LFhWAiKlMc60gwzpJ9UQQbgwcTbYAVkl9BdDwP6dpmky9sWGNRi6oe20jw__oSdyjH8rznKwCpz9NdoBhvdv=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-oMmelCN3ZofIJ9REZCqvc6FubryCXV2i5v7qINWQ9_acOnjRiXsl8RJn3X9LsxTJAYGhLMyMUVhs9ajHHPe2fyFPjSn6WP6yU8f=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lMxUWqHfzXVxmxuvRhY3P5WhpxVJ2I2f8-2BsBtQRJnGnJyPsbPQ1KUXw9OWBKmziXlEEW_oDJKd_v5P2bo0kQNXT8QZwUFPiiNs=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/b4XxtLIGes1bpVrtlWaCY3iAE1hCePJOCd83V-HoNMddXMI0oMG8BnXkUX9SsE7qc7ZnJv82NiUo6QqvlAe2sghE9eyrZWGC56VR=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/RnCRgWnVTmJDS-8kHJMY7mbUbg71liucYgb7yDP0-m4i5DknTd5FH9MRb_nao9avO2fbncv2JeBZhTiE1cbyvkoudLbkfTdjCxAJ=s0
I'm testing Pluspora at the moment and it looks great. Very similar to G+, a lot of former Plussers are already there, you can tag yourself as #Googleplusrefugee and the language settings allow "pirate english"...Arrgh...:D...!
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/o27e5ickztLp100y9FeZy9RpykGhfPo734oE-9XF5noRcGFy1POqBiojX8fTXhWTjMClxkXeLDL6SvkoeotXMhf-gQbpF6_DTFxf=s0
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/4rwx9SxYuszh8uGUxgDwhQHcN_d-vqlXQIfa2-adLmEJrbTP_B2qiBsDyvnick2m2J4zrrsk2FUjMkgo31ts8E1_Bvo0DMJl53kN=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/JczY6ADjjUpNuPpTC5Ht8yafivGP8qU7mLYBMg5DRRaOrWJq3clXLimfIjhsOML-FamMVHt0XewOe1rWNspNjLCT2yYT3G5OYS-U=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2_xiipJtRRfakgxP5p3OzkpotEVvytHOZKMnarqHTbrFVEG1Xav-VC5cPcWBXjk5dXlAecuz1Md_k7TdlsSDYiOVEb8Q2-sIMnxw=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7EhVbdNtVbCYIxeVNLaoBNo8mfKmrqWxmlI6WFICxW91vZMRJYd9dCF-eGE56A5ECZOFYiCh788KVbW5cptjaUFsa4qWOmF-txm3=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tG1XHrDBT66QPtfX6p9UefUROBJ6bbHSJQH72hd9OtOx8s1pQk9F09Ps9BIES6CHmyKOJCPjX-3QVt-CrjhFb0TT7acjO6VUxEqe=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tIDWHSeveMJWoO8tOZu5XOj3DDTTzWIq9ejBUOnp5zASyob1SzJmRXbAErKF8VotUTruCkUhvj-NigkD-Bt6IcOIYLUPH2JBOLRp=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/YrA7cX5nab3YV_fsAmHLQ4FLvgPc6eAJwZMEuByGdQjh43ihsu35tbLBN3vE14AJD5eWmYlADgMMHjKyyYJloHkT-8g97-66KyX9=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/vcSlikyYk_zJEPx6xtk3oRJs_iVATgJ8525uIBoC81EWKuK5pbdfRQCPXEZbvW2VGYzHGEMuoSDM1NecDreTtx6IrIXnLcXxU4Us=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/iT-_biX36aQccHn0M8l202E5K_jKiAJUshZ5aL8fLrAK-xoWBhP_1GwoiUvNImycNN1Qshk9hAn5HrMJ3rCXpORNPnrNY9uVI7xK=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PcEwgqucsma2Q7DPE9q17hl_iCbhKLo5-cSUmRnttgbaj-nStJTBS-3Lo8THin1yHDV4d0nepGhC-5TeojrJTnNGS0pvg9tAJC5a=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/QQtdyfkyt1i4SqOeJ41L4RDuxbfmZbcirt91Ew_0AfN5NUe5mlNxFzMN5jH5JNvLRfYXnd_hdxthOa9AoRSlgJlDmpZOxg94deIA=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/YnMbwMyeys2lCQZVOsMZqp73Mrucr9XWxNUOB6fR_Wt-SfiZs94GuMBTB3VsZ2OoCip3qUuod-Mz72zmODiSPeNIVmZp6iaBoakp=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wd3aJv4oMiTL8nF_QXyENwQktLtQAR4eFsdJpI60BpLtjB306ExqR35DxYMGw-I5n9-MQGV0JtlHNJcGSw3tNYx2EDwm4_7JLktx=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qvaLcULxLD0N2LKYo4XkaHYHudOE1U2IPFAT_aVBo5MDeChmPsGdkuHCEHyLZPxsFNoWe84tK005xNxSiWRd1BdvPo7-m0QGS2e1=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XISPZSs5QxBmL12o9vZSR8LlYd2aLdNfctLfAZzWxv1M8o5eC0BfaHUXzZxzSBUWiUWVNiMQ7MINGm_QkE0gkVoXLovkTiT1S-Y2=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/VIQgx5EzkWDaRDurSOuxy1_7EmSnTAUA0y5kijaD_HUySO5qFfSJtc73EsIBwLHqLIgWjT2vxbiW7ynlk6y1ESIsKLmyio5PFTKS=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/VSqffge-QaRnQHLhMvHaeqT11rMsLzc35iT-i6iFOZXitL7aFVOPM5ommp0BfSRN_TidPqO9EL-0KsLutTp2HYxPIdXpUUyKLcXW=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/w2J6kYh4iSQtZoLmK2hAvJ3ANRqyfKV7Y105K6TN8VLua3l6-hkBd4-3IQDj9RC3qbI2mZh7JjCMO_dGYPwHn2S4rmyZvJCdK7SK=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ue21C0yBO4V4TQSAU4ciA3pgaGgEnCBjyDWjD5D5PhxADTcnErGDOMtOkrpUC-NDLsmHI2EGLoDjzPCH0DxfQf-FNl8HCEHNK93y=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/e1Tlv2ajvaG2_OqXfkPaWNGx9zIB52DeP2KDCgaPf1baOdDsccLDfXEAhQ6foNhUcAJ-gP4cpg8PN4CuTPbG0GNew2KQ-M-5vJxY=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/1ynMS4MmZs8GtAYX7gaPjWLA5YHnNWQaEppmh3micpnJHXdAIZxZ4oL72nqtut0yLol9U-_kgW6LclNbnTD65BrU10oW3J_K0Jyq=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8ReW3m34uq34vYdtFrTQogzEgwTmouryTDSeqeVP-E4gYwTUXXh5axVWloNBWSVF67ljXlhASNwJ5OcfaDTOehRHoWUcElCbcaal=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Ljs7Xa6HeqefA6OZX-tM4qbFvo7tQ50TRkhZmMA7BUy691hLJUobe8kwPBAkut9NDVUopAoPJCKdQ_2F8ciL5TEQWAe-BR1T2Rgd=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/J9rgD9x1reJZi4SocEiy_s2BYXFEfjyWdreusl2q_qjbFfCAWBiHc2y6Y_pLEvRGzKvNlEAMmf7VpjuNmunmtFmXgsJddTifISlo=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wI5Do0fMofrgakw5LEicTiOEVnrt5JsRsrEA4ne_AunPII-KV36NfeejsR9mlpwD_6yLuxBLU-JtuoCllItzp5ZOvrY1oOAz7PtP=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gQVSD6pjrie5meuWtd3T9jyyPs9b_OyPctvWG1gqUJgHUjgFulT2g46ytcMKunNB8lO-qKjxbFAUpJkIvpMwRktQL3qwqf-RDz2a=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/m759uwJqj7kP-gLfdmBgHPCIq3yCDVEvPyLInwEw10FGUlxf3-WP3H446UcCOVzDgbf-zEqYpg7i3a9dtmZvaUDUEThvGtAnKsFQ=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/O9TVWLp1la1TF2bXraz5NetsWMaUTeV1oas7x99k5pshjntWcg54hNHDWmFEEhMmxMMf9GS7vZ9gJ9PuXhmUk7rdD6v1eHfVmyzL=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AfKDWmJj3crJcVXw61ElZtUOOFfUXe0HmXx9KZyli8DqeNG_ejdQYb6oT92EhAZrlwtLPVGROi0xQpqdyABTjaS11G7wvbFBou4T=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/K87mRbyE1cLPb9yR1iSiUHC2UAmIifhBDAIJY4efF4uihRh0kvI-Ljfk2_FZ74_8r9qJllXUOfC7gTpn-V1QAwP_Lmeb19zwDzc0=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/R68ihRTQgZROWxggjq_SeYd8XkSxBdJuRUlsRhjfXyl0Ndv83oRFWsAo5F-bGX3mX1ka-Q80Lu_Ziz3pfoq7KfVz7JEqEMNGIvzJ=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9-5Q2g6ynb10sleQKNPgrqmy3UixZcPHAMIrvml2E8t2bh7XQNRn8jhNxdlx58urUf2wPZ42fxq4PBDEXd1wwYLq7sg36rGlMOtE=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5oV1pocssxW3AH7jY3VPbY5DCHCe0E_RSn04yajBrcOcHn8sfAqjorMdwtaafordgl8iekFuE_h4T441Kz3nb-_OruZhvWdpMhDx=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GIcCfAKJQYzAt58d184ia-1qImFT25ZXoF8EkmXsAcN6oIjUekZ2kVqisEyGWl6Qi7iJSf_RMlU5LFZQ033aaEY7yIOyfuAHjrv_=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pU9ShXXw4puLA_dE2jGWqQNf72E8gzJeNHcFCh9WWhsJFhsVqWfBo5As0s94fqYbjDLq5sCeYMdxSPgqOH6xdKDK0w_itqTg0aCU=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/W6BKtwwMUYoxwLNMs6HD-SEaOS4VaiWUUKbHHmGhtTfwjbTxWSEKhwUG2byZkP9cKJtYqF4TJ1hGAjx5U_C7WnibjAWubzE4jDYS=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9RgJAVVhn_FDFgiGitYwU00LKRFaicCTpbFgB5-CoCK4wtH2fRij1B6Uw7YWfSF-_9_AtGqxNPQMOJT9SP9pUsRq-8dF817bSieG=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tl4PRBBXDbKQSXuWNqhs1DlxpGv1pWNIhO0HXhYnsWGyRApVCxaVn157xYK3VTXZZ87fKkaD_Ry5f36sFnm9OxvHgtu1TqeW-7du=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2v1eRK3qEKIeQnucwzwofRYPBfx0EPd6oErwEDybJ7K_4PR6_aiQs1lm_D6FCTcgk88vWZgDOYI11BXZkcUTKvWeP1lrrUg4MlM0=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bHIXvlbk8DICX12E50lygTKnyPyA4IS0I3QDaJcQXyO3uQYJp3iB7yHWJy-Gm7pX9x7INA2FbGdFAn6HPJR83JcWKr5IAqg9iJsU=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/MRkCEJHIv5EPVbX4bkjGTcHYtTpImkoxsRv7QnMRqZpAQ9kmvbx82Hzj0W4lN4TMfX1SJ5fPaCRpwgp_cGm-GipHWPzWzr6Ue-eo=s0
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/r5eKVtEVEY3D0BuCccZ0jh_ZXURZ-MKkJ_OcH3Qi2Z94IFETzn2nik91RwVLBZQ95z53tL9t4sfHd1ltwWf5ijB6voSxCoBCqF6p=s0
ReplyDeleteAndreas Holzer Many don't. Many use the stock app on their Samsung or other device.
ReplyDeleteHaving a Samsung device I have a few options for backing up photos including their own cloud service. Their photo service is also extremely similar to Google Photos.
Could Google be gearing up to charge for Photo storage?
Both MeWe and Diaspora seem to be gathering steam. There's a Diaspora instance called Pluspora that specifically caters to G+ refugees. Diaspora also seems closer to G+ in functionality than MeWe; you can follow people without them following you back, and you can organise people in circles aspects. Not sure about the rest yet. MeWe seems to be very barebones.
ReplyDeletepluspora.com - pluspora
Martijn Vos After 24 hours I can already say I prefer plusplora over MeWe. Just hate the missing edit funtion.
ReplyDeleteDiscord is your best bet. Set up a server there
ReplyDeleteTons of people have already set up discord servers. Does everybody need their own?
ReplyDeleteAnd my impression was that discord is mostly chat, rather than social network.
Martijn Vos i would liken it to AOL instant messenger 2.0 mixed with skype.
ReplyDeleteniemcy That's not a good sell for me, I'm afraid.
ReplyDelete