Skip to main content

Communities.

Communities. That's what I really liked. Circles a close second. When I got the news, I revisited Facebook. Now I have to go wash my computer to get the putrid scent out. What a Disaster.

I'm on minds, but community support is somewhat limited.
I'm on MeWe. but it's surprisingly difficult to find other folks.
Twitter, good for quick bits, but lacks real depth.
Instagram, hell no.
Pluspora is just a disaspora installation. Not sure how that will pan out. Any one have a good one that supports communities well?

Comments

  1. Google Groups is quite good (it's very popular, and really is a follow-up the venerable USENET).
    Does not even need a Google account...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dima Pasechnik I'm on a few groups there. Not nearly as user-friendly, and has discovery limitations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know anything about or use Tumblr? If so, would it qualify as a G+ replacement? If not, what is it missing? Thanks for any info that anyone may be able to provide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minds has groups which work a like communities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John Robson Thanks for that info!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"