Discovery is difficult on MeWe, so I made a Meta-group.
The link in this post will take you to the web-app join page for the community.
If you use the native app, just search for this word: plusfugees
[Edit. That search may or may not begin to work at some point. If you want to make sure, maybe try using the web app just this once?]
The purpose of it is that you join, invite all your plusfugee connections, and then raid the member list of the group to fill out your personal connection list.
http://mewe.com/join/plusfugees
The link in this post will take you to the web-app join page for the community.
If you use the native app, just search for this word: plusfugees
[Edit. That search may or may not begin to work at some point. If you want to make sure, maybe try using the web app just this once?]
The purpose of it is that you join, invite all your plusfugee connections, and then raid the member list of the group to fill out your personal connection list.
http://mewe.com/join/plusfugees

That's what I've been doing on the G+ expat group. There are at least ten such groups. I haven't found yours yet.
ReplyDeleteOh, and when I find a plusser, I raid their contact list, too.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the name of your group?
ReplyDeletePhillip Landmeier I linked it to OP
ReplyDeletePlease link yours :)
Hmm. The link takes me to a browser signup page instead of the app. BTW, this problem with links is something they're working on. Lemme see what I can figure out.
ReplyDeleteAndreas Geisler Yeah, your link just goes to mewe.com. I've never tried creating a link to my profile. I'll try.
ReplyDeletemewe.com - MeWe: The best chat & group app with privacy you trust.
Phillip Landmeier The link only shows "mewe.com", but clicking it gives the group. Certainly does when I do it.
ReplyDeleteBut yeah, I only use the browser version, and I have reason to think browser/app integration is broken.
I think this is a link to my profile
ReplyDeleteI want you to join me on MeWe, the Next-Gen Social Network. No Ads. No Spyware. No BS: https://mewe.com/i/phil.landmeier
mewe.com - MeWe: The best chat & group app with privacy you trust.
Or, perhaps more usefully, give the exact name, since it can be transformed into an url
ReplyDeleteAndreas Geisler You have good reason. The links generated are flawed. I only use the Android app. Have not yet seen the web interface.
ReplyDelete(That was another requirement of mine: proper notifications on Android.)
And if I know the actual name of your group I can search it.
ReplyDeletePhillip Landmeier If someone exclusively using the web interface gets replies or comments from people exclusively using the app, it seems there is a risk they will not be visible, even though a notification is sent.
ReplyDeleteplusfugees
ReplyDeleteWhat I was going to do was extract the name of the group from the link in the OP, but it's not there in the URL.
ReplyDeleteAndreas Geisler That's interesting. A search for plusfugees turns up nothing. Hmm.
ReplyDeleteWell, I searched for you with no trouble and added you.
ReplyDeletePhillip Landmeier ... this means I have to load the bloody app for it to propagate to app users, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteOh bloody hell. One moment...
Andreas Geisler Uh, I doubt that. I found you immediately. But not the group.
ReplyDeleteI'm in and made a post.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! That was amazingly convoluted :P
ReplyDeleteShould be better now that I have logged into the app as well, if my hypothesis is correct.
ReplyDeleteAnd, even though I'm in the group and posted, a search for the group still fails. Hahaha. Perhaps, like G+, it takes time for changes to propagate. MeWe is built on Google hardware, I think.
ReplyDeleteWell, better to thrash this out with me than a confused newbie.
ReplyDeleteI guess now we know why discovery is so slow, most of what we're looking for could very well be unfindable :D
ReplyDelete...the just-under-the-surface chaotic thing to be wary of for all these platforms with eyes bigger than their britches (G+ included) is the incredibly poor/inconsistent attendance to crisp and thorough index key file maintenance. This was for me the obvious dead give-away 2-3 months ago that something was amiss in G+...
ReplyDeleteG+ sunsetting for consumers in April 2019 already.
ReplyDeleteGoogle+ stänger ner för Gmail-användare tidigare än beräknat - april 2019!
blog.google - Expediting changes to Google+