Let us know how it goes. I'm most interested in creating groups like the G+ communities, where anyone can post and receive comments, and posts can be categorized
I am so far not impressed, it does not have any groups or community options that I can find, it seems more like an Instagram copy with some added feature and extremely buggy But it is fast (unlike G+ in the past few weeks).
Actually, the idea of community should be completely outside Sola. The aim is to break the "friends" / Community / Ghetto system that social media have become. Posts are shared based on geographical locations and then spread virally. However, you can chose topics in the "explore" which, for me, is breaking the original idea.
Olivier Malinur It is the main reason I don't like it much, I ma using a VPN that randomly locates me in different part of the world, and I really hate my post to be geo-tagged. On Twitter and FB you can chose to have this tag activated or not, but on Sola it is default and not changable by the user.
It is really a copy of Instagram, nothing much, don't know if I will use it as my main platform.
New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.
Let us know how it goes. I'm most interested in creating groups like the G+ communities, where anyone can post and receive comments, and posts can be categorized
ReplyDeleteI am so far not impressed, it does not have any groups or community options that I can find, it seems more like an Instagram copy with some added feature and extremely buggy
ReplyDeleteBut it is fast (unlike G+ in the past few weeks).
Actually, the idea of community should be completely outside Sola. The aim is to break the "friends" / Community / Ghetto system that social media have become.
ReplyDeletePosts are shared based on geographical locations and then spread virally. However, you can chose topics in the "explore" which, for me, is breaking the original idea.
Olivier Malinur It is the main reason I don't like it much, I ma using a VPN that randomly locates me in different part of the world, and I really hate my post to be geo-tagged.
ReplyDeleteOn Twitter and FB you can chose to have this tag activated or not, but on Sola it is default and not changable by the user.
It is really a copy of Instagram, nothing much, don't know if I will use it as my main platform.
Sola is not to be used as a main platform. Rather like a twitter.
ReplyDeleteI am now on Pluspora
The mobile layout at least looks atrocious, and definitely not inviting to click through and read content.
ReplyDeleteI just noted that Sola adds geo location to each card.
ReplyDeleteThat is an absolute NO-GO for me.