I've looked into a few community programs like reddit, tumblr, etc. Google+ worked ok for years, but I think these are better in a long run. That they are shutting the service down without ANY backup for people is telling. But at least I dont have to report half a dozen porn postings or become angry that there's no way to contact Google itself for problems and concerns.

What do you mean by "no backup"? In the literal sense, you can get your data via takeout.google.com
ReplyDeleteIn the not so literal sense, did you mean "alternative"?
Vinzent Höfler I did mean that there's no alternative. Let's take an alternative. When Microsoft made bing, they didn't just cancel microsoft search. They announced Bing and MSN search stayed up and readily said "we're moving to bing." Google has almost 10 months until it shutters Google+. They shutter it with NO indication of an alternate platform or something new. Its basically "so long and thanks for all the fish" and "we don't care that we lied to you and we're not going to do the honorable thing for our customers."
ReplyDelete