Skip to main content

Is Amino okay to switch to?

Is Amino okay to switch to? My classmates use the app, and they say it's fast, user-friendly, and has more features than many other social medias. Opinions?

Comments

  1. No. Amino doesn't have more features, the owners can be absolute dicks. So can the other members.

    MeWe is better because they did announce they will be implementing some G+ features into their site here very soon. They also welcomed all G+ Migrators

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amino at best seems to be a little too niche for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amino isnt as good,and the pc version is really,really bad
    instead ,MeWe works similar to g+ and many of us migrante there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Konan I've been seeing MeWe around a lot lately. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't allow public posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrik Laine's Awkward Beard How so?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cidher The Mad demon Yeah, Amino is pretty crappy compared to G+. I can't exactly judge, I've only been using it for three minutes, but it's pretty bad so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayfax i tried using it,but after a month it was too bad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jayfax It appears more tailored for people in fandoms, as opposed to being a more general social media platform.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jayfax That's one of the new things coming to MeWe. Public posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Konan yeah but
    isnt posting in the "home" exactly that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cidher The Mad demon in MeWe, you can only post to your contacts (aka people you add or people who add u) or groups

    Amino you can post publicly but its still not that great because its only in that one particular Amino. Amino is directed more towards fandoms and not much of a real social media site

    ReplyDelete
  12. MeWe plans to add Public posting to their sight by the end of the year. That’s what they said on the livestream welcoming G+ refugees

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh
    Well,we shall ask for public sharing,they seem to hear what ppl have to say

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hidan oh my goodness! I never thought I would be a refugee. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've tried Amino. The mobile app is ok, but the desktop version is really bad, and I need both.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jayfax I'm on MeWe and like it a lot. And a lot of my favorite plussers are showing up there.

    Public posting is coming, but you should be aware of what is meant by public. MeWe is guided by people who are privacy-oriented, such as Tim Berners-Lee. Public posting will likely not mean open to the world, but public to all MeWe users. So you still won't be able to link to MeWe content and it's visible to a non-MeWe user. This makes sense because comments and other content attached to a public post may belong to people who do not want their stuff publicly visible.

    That's my understanding. I may be wrong on some of this.

    Personally, I don't care. When I post on G+, I'm posting to my followers or to a group, and only barely aware that the whole world can see it if they want. Doesn't matter to me.

    If you're looking for a place to promote yourself or your products to the world, MeWe ain't it. If you're like me, it's the bee's knees.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mewe doesn't support two factor authentication...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"