One website that I think could be a good alternative to G+ is Pillowfort. -Unfortunately, Pillowfort is mostly in beta and to register one has to pay $5 to their kickstarter.
(https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/562544287/pillowfortio-a-better-social-media-platform)
Edit: The kickstarter is over but they accept the $5 donations through their paypal. More information: http://pillowfort-io.tumblr.com/post/178548733326/this-weeks-invites-have-gone-out-if-you-donated
It seems to have it all though. Communities. Threaded comments. Blacklisting. Granular sharing and privacy controls. Private messages. After the crowdfunding phase they intend to have premium account features and the choice for users to opt-in to advertisements.
This can all be read on their Kickstarter. You can also try out the platform as a demo user.
(https://www.pillowfort.io/demo_login)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/562544287/pillowfortio-a-better-social-media-platform
(https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/562544287/pillowfortio-a-better-social-media-platform)
Edit: The kickstarter is over but they accept the $5 donations through their paypal. More information: http://pillowfort-io.tumblr.com/post/178548733326/this-weeks-invites-have-gone-out-if-you-donated
It seems to have it all though. Communities. Threaded comments. Blacklisting. Granular sharing and privacy controls. Private messages. After the crowdfunding phase they intend to have premium account features and the choice for users to opt-in to advertisements.
This can all be read on their Kickstarter. You can also try out the platform as a demo user.
(https://www.pillowfort.io/demo_login)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/562544287/pillowfortio-a-better-social-media-platform

Hmmm, sounds like it has potential.
ReplyDeleteSeems interesting.
ReplyDeleteWonder if any of their developers would like to chime in here.
ReplyDeleteJohn Hattan I don't know. I might ask.
ReplyDeleteI just asked 'em on their official twitter page.
ReplyDeleteJohn Hattan And I asked them on Tumblr. 😂
ReplyDeleteThis...looks promising. And idea what sort of security/encryption services they have?
ReplyDeleteEcco Blackfin You know, I actually have no idea. Would be a good question for the devs though!
ReplyDelete