
Platform Statistics : Quo Vadis?
Growing And Sustaining A Platform To Replace Google Plus
"If you can develop real momentum on a well-engineered platform, from that can evolve a rich information ecosystem."
I think the key statistic is in the future.
E.G.:
By what percentage does MeWe grow in the next eighteen months?
If MeWe is at a million now, but then jumps to two million or four million in eighteen months, then that is great success.
I really think that in twelve months MeWe could grow by a million users.
Easily.
Then, second, we could consider the relative growth of MeWe, Minds, and other platforms.
This is not to say that I know how to approximate these populations. I have no idea.
Third, I want to know how scalable and reliable these platforms are, in terms of frequency and length of service outages.
Scalability is in principle no problem at all with virtual connections to cloud infrastructure.
Reliability is supported with alternate zones of cloud infrastructure.
A side question is the average breadth of the diaspora for G+ refugees.
As in one destination platform?
Two?
Three?
Two point one or one point five?
==================================
Google+ users, upset over data leak, sue Google
Hours after Google+ shuttered, lawsuit filed in San Francisco.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/10/google-users-upset-over-data-leak-sue-google/
==================================
G+ is a big platform with lots of stuff and people.
The idea would be to build up some alternative that could become big.
The choice of platform is fundamental.
It looks like MeWe has functionality comparable to G+.
To get a platform to become big it needs lots of people to offer lots of good content.
I do not know the sizes of either MeWe or Minds.
There are other possibilities, such as Gab.
I hope that MeWe will attract a lot of good people and a big rich ecosystem.
The reviews look good.
MeWe is worth investigating.
I will rehost my public work in several months.
First I need to do a round of investigation on the various platform candidates.
=======================
A New World Is Being Born
"The old world is dying, but a new world is being born. It generates inspiration from the chaos that beats upon us all.
"The fake grandeur and security, the unfulfilled promises and illusory power, the number of the dead, and those about to die, will charge the forces of our courage and determination.
"The old world will die so that the new world will be born with less sacrifice and agony of the living."
-- Carlos Bulosani 1913-1956, "America Is In The Heart"
“Our aim is to build a society which will not be bound by the dictates of arbitrary authority, comfortable superstition, stifling tradition, or suffocating orthodoxy but would rather be based on reason, compassion, humanity, equality and science.”
-- Avijit Roy ( martyred 2015 Bangladesh )

I want that Asgardian Social Network with a VR feature at top left.
ReplyDeleteWith VR possibly being the Internet 3.0 game changer, are there any good social options out there that are spearheading that? Magic Leap, you could pick us all up if you timed something right.
Guillermo the IVth
ReplyDeleteYou set your sights high, G.
l'd settle for Diagon Alley.
Being a Gryffindor type [ with the tie and the scarf ], and being a Druid class wizard.
I think we should bring everyone on board, and if that includes good guy Nordic gods like Thor then all the better.
I am well known to be a major fan of Thor.
As in the famous scene on youtube
Oh My God
:-)