Sordatos Cáceres With all the serious coder talent from here who're migrating to Pluspora, I'm hoping to find some who can spare some time & energy to help get the Diaspora code (all FOSS, Ruby on Rails + JS, for those wondering) up to date.
Lars Fosdal MeWe's official position is that members/groups have to stay within what is considered legal by law, or get booted. Sure. Just like Twitter & Reddit, both of whom are fine with calls for genocide.
God Emperor Lionel Lauer The official position appears to be that any kind of directly expressed death threat is unacceptable and cause for getting booted.
Moral boundaries are a slippery slope to regulate, but legal boundaries should be possible.
If I were to demand that everybody adhered to my views, would I not be looking for an echo chamber?
That said: I would happily expel any nazist, racist, nationalist, ist/ism or religious group from any forum if I could - but I can't - so I have to share technical social media solutions with people that I certainly don't share opinions with.
New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.
I wishem it evolved, Disapora pretty much looks and it used as it did in Alpha
ReplyDeleteSordatos Cáceres With all the serious coder talent from here who're migrating to Pluspora, I'm hoping to find some who can spare some time & energy to help get the Diaspora code (all FOSS, Ruby on Rails + JS, for those wondering) up to date.
ReplyDeleteI went for MeWe instead. Mobile app. Modern, feature rich UI.
ReplyDeleteLars Fosdal MeWe is run by a Libertarian & is a haven for Nazis. No thanks.
ReplyDeleteThe internet is filled with stuff I dislike, yet I use it.
ReplyDeleteLars Fosdal Fair enough. Don't complain that nobody warned you though.
ReplyDeleteSo far I have not seen a single troll, except some overly excited young ex-G+'ers that took to the group chats like matches to gasoline.
ReplyDeleteMeWe's official position is that members/groups have to stay within what is considered legal by law, or get booted.
That they have Sir Tim Berners-Lee as an advisor, counts in their favor, privacy wise.
Lars Fosdal MeWe's official position is that members/groups have to stay within what is considered legal by law, or get booted.
ReplyDeleteSure. Just like Twitter & Reddit, both of whom are fine with calls for genocide.
God Emperor Lionel Lauer The official position appears to be that any kind of directly expressed death threat is unacceptable and cause for getting booted.
ReplyDeleteMoral boundaries are a slippery slope to regulate, but legal boundaries should be possible.
If I were to demand that everybody adhered to my views, would I not be looking for an echo chamber?
That said: I would happily expel any nazist, racist, nationalist, ist/ism or religious group from any forum if I could - but I can't - so I have to share technical social media solutions with people that I certainly don't share opinions with.
The conundrums of free speech :/