Skip to main content
Will there be another solution that we can port our posts into? Or a way to archive everything in there?

Comments

  1. That question is the entire reason this community exists.

    There is no single solution. There are multiple options people are considering.

    The most critical feature will be where your own communities, friends, associates, etc., are going. You should be talking to them, now, and at the very least exchanging contact information. At this point, I'm strongly recommending email or email-lists as the most viable continuation option.

    There are several interesting options available, many are not yet ready for prime time, or have other issues.


    See:

    Google+ Exodus FAQ:
    https://social.antefriguserat.de/index.php/FAQ

    Google+ Exodus Planning:
    https://social.antefriguserat.de/index.php/Recommended_Practices

    G+ Alternatives Spreadsheet:
    docs.google.com - G+ Alternatives

    G+ Alternatives Feature Support Spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1itbLtjWx2Cx88k2pqqwjY2j9vknLhoXpPXU52sTYbrI/edit?usp=sharing



    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin Goransson
    All Google has said is that they will, in coming months, provide a way to "Export/Download" your G+ content. No details or dates mentioned.

    Note that there was no mention of being able to import/upload to another site/application.

    That is ALL that is known at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew Hatchett their Project Strobe¹ post mentioned: "Over the coming months, we will provide consumers with additional information, including ways they can download and migrate their data."

    One could interpret that as them also providing at least one way to import data into another service.

    Of course, they also said 'over the coming months', and we're already 2 months in on an even shortened period of months...

    ¹ https://www.blog.google/technology/safety-security/project-strobe/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Filip H.F. Slagter
    True, But I wonder with the recent shortening of the time frame if they will actually be able to meet that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Hatchett agreed. Everything combined, and especially the lack of communication, leads me to believe there's more going on in the 'Plex than we're seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edward Morbius Thanks for the spreadsheet link - I hadn't seen it yet.

    For the moment, as much as many of us hate it, FaceBook seems to be the place where most of the really active photographer communities I belong to are going, because it's robust, it works, a fair number of us already have accounts there (and know how to use them) and their Groups feature functions well for the kind of photo themes and competitions we've been doing here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat Kight I detest Facebook and all it represents.

    I agree that it's likely where many will end up, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just tried exporting with takeout.google.com but only community metadata is available. I need metadata+data

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex Feldman Use the Friends+Me Google+ Exporter:

    blog.friendsplus.me - Export Google+ feeds to Wordpress, Blogger and JSON file

    $20 licence for unlimited exports, free up to 3,000 posts. Proven solution, many happy users. I'm not yet one but will be shortly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"