Does anyone know if it's possible to migrate a collection (not community) from a consumer G+ account (shutting down)...
Does anyone know if it's possible to migrate a collection (not community) from a consumer G+ account (shutting down) to an enterprise G+ account (not shutting down)? Google+
Trying to figure out how to save my 135K follower strong The Future Is Pretty Rad collection and I do have an enterprise account for a business.
www.TheFutureIsPrettyRad.com
Trying to figure out how to save my 135K follower strong The Future Is Pretty Rad collection and I do have an enterprise account for a business.
www.TheFutureIsPrettyRad.com

Wasim Muklashy
ReplyDeleteUnffortunately, at this time there is no migration possible between a consumer collection and a G-Suite collection.
All these years and I never knew I was "only a consumer", with my collections which I shared being free traffic for them, including to revenue-engine YouTube. I have the same concern about some collections of photos (up to 7K+ followers). I love the layout of G+ on large(r) screens, for photos and for stories/videos sharing. So I'd like to see them somehow archive existing collections (as with Picasa or "albums") - IF they must destroy our work of years, social and creative and professional relationships, etc. Short version: "Google+, don't be evil!" Value your users, all of us.
ReplyDeleteIf you have a paid account I’m sure that tech support may be able to do something with your takeout data.
ReplyDeleteWasim Muklashy It's not possible to transfer content from one Google+ Profile to another Google+ Profile, or to import content into a Google+ Profile. That isn't likely to change before the consumer version of Google+ shuts down.
ReplyDeleteI'll note that while Google+ hasn't shared any details yet, but there is a good chance that Google+ content posted by G Suite accounts will be only visible to other accounts on that G Suite domain, so there wouldn't be much use to do that anyway (unless you are part of a business or organization that uses Google+).
I think your first task is to figure out if its 135K or really just 3.5K. I've seen my engagement of my reported 80K-following Collection go from a a couple of hundred engagements per post to a few dozen. Google has never purged dormant accounts.
ReplyDelete