Mark Stronge Allo required a phone number, which is also why I stuck with HO which only requires a Google account. I have no need for 'cool features', I just want something to contact people with, and occasionally do voice and/or video with. Besides, HO used to have cool features too, before they ripped it out of Google+...
Mark Stronge Huh? I have only ever used Hangouts on mobile. It has always been great. The only reason for the plethora of chat apps is that Google rewards their employees more for new product launches than they do for making customers happy.
I'm talking about adding features. Hangouts used to have more features on mobile and many were promised to transfer over from desktop but redesigns just pared it back to a very basic app
New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.
I installed Allo on an old phone just to see if Assistant would work. Not so much
ReplyDeleteI never even bothered to try it.
ReplyDeleteWe were surprised by this?
ReplyDelete<--Googles "Allo"
ReplyDeleteAllo?? Is this a parody of a strong British accent?? 😂😂🤣
ReplyDeleteAllo mate. Right then, cheerio.
ReplyDeleteI never saw the point to Allo and DUO when I still had HangOuts which could fulfill both roles...
ReplyDeleteHangouts is boring, that's why. There are loads of cool features that Allo has that Hangouts doesn't.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Google want us to move to Hangouts Chat when it comes out for "non-corporate" users.
ReplyDeleteandroidpolice.com - Google confirms Allo will shut down, Hangouts Chat and Meet coming to non-corporate users
Mark Stronge Allo required a phone number, which is also why I stuck with HO which only requires a Google account.
ReplyDeleteI have no need for 'cool features', I just want something to contact people with, and occasionally do voice and/or video with. Besides, HO used to have cool features too, before they ripped it out of Google+...
5 years ago, yes hangouts was ok, but it was never developed for mobile
ReplyDeleteMark Stronge Huh? I have only ever used Hangouts on mobile. It has always been great. The only reason for the plethora of chat apps is that Google rewards their employees more for new product launches than they do for making customers happy.
ReplyDeleteI'm talking about adding features. Hangouts used to have more features on mobile and many were promised to transfer over from desktop but redesigns just pared it back to a very basic app
ReplyDeleteMark Stronge I suppose “very basic app” is what I want, but I am not typical, I know.
ReplyDeleteYet another proof that it is not good to invest in anything Google, they just are not reliable.
ReplyDelete