Skip to main content

What will happen if Google+ server get shutdown?Will it affect other service like Google Play because from my...

What will happen if Google+ server get shutdown?Will it affect other service like Google Play because from my experience before you create a Google Play Profile you will be asked to create Google+ profile first,and will Google release a replacement for Google+ service?what it will be called or named?I have some opinion if Google Team see this I would like to see a replacement for Google Plus that can still have Google Photo and Video and Hangout. Beside keeping old features I would like to see the new replacement to be called Google Circle it make sense that Google+ used to be a group and it mean Circle.Thank You

Comments

  1. The simple answer is no. The root of a Google ID is email, not G+ or anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were required to create a Google ID not a G+ ID.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Tewes Right. That G+ to YouTube connection was a disastrous idea that is long dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From working with Google API, the G+ profile extends upon the basic Google ID. G Suite users are affected especially as it was at least the only way to get a full name on a user account from the API, by having the user create a G+ profile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim Moore True, but the root is Gmail. When you create a Gmail account, all the other features appear. Nothing happens on Google until you create that email account.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phillip Landmeier Mostly disastrous for G+ - talk about being forced to clean out the Augean stables...

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a possibility that G+Profiles will be re-branded back into Google Profiles as they were before G+ appeared. And that some redirect is applied so that plus.google.com/$ID redirects to profile.google.com/$ID instead of the other way round. I would like this.

    But I'm not holding out much hope. With Google's current attitude, they might simply move fast and break it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. G+ is not closing down for GSuite users Tim Moore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phillip Landmeier you can post to Google Groups without a gmail account, so this is not 100% correct about the need of gmail for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If this teaches us anything we should all rely a little less on google services. I'd rather pay for a system that isn't subject to surveillance and shutting down because my life is too boring for advertisers lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard a rumour that G+ is now saying it will shut down in April, not August. Does anyone know if this is true?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie Wills Got it, thanks! Not big surprise :-/

    ReplyDelete
  13. G+ ID's haven't been required for anything but G+ for a long time now. They switched over from G+ Accounts being the Universal Google Account across services to a Brand Generic Google Account not tied to Google+.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have they solved the Blogger comment conundrum?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dima Pasechnik True. That's an exception because of what Google Groups is. It's not a product that they own outright like G+, it's a gateway to Usenet, which nobody owns and that existed long before Google or the web. Groups is a strange member of the Google family. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The GSuite may have big implications. Have you Eli Fennell examined . and others. An org as host Corp could be a ...?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Phillip Landmeier Googlegroups may have started as a re-branded Dejanews. But it's morphed into a general purpose discussion forum platform to rival Yahoogroups with both email mailing list and web forum aspects. And let's not forget it's the platform being used for ALL Google's community support forums. The few that are still on G+ are being migrated over there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eli Fennell I just ran through the GSuite main sign up page and followed them on Twitter. It seems they have everything we used to have including simpler Hangouts. Tom Rolfson David Amerland can you guys and the other working on migration take a look? Cost per user appears to be from $5

    -25 per month. That , is waived for addresses like support@xyz(for)com. They are considered 'group' addresses. If we had one organization as the 'company' I wonder if Stuart.staff@xyz(dot)com is a separate address?

    If all it cost me go to GSuites and retain G+ features was $5 or even $10 month I'd be in. But it looks like someone or group has to join as a business. As I said I didn't take it that far. I hope this community and my trusted friends above can jump in for a look. Quite a bit of info on Google Search of course.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stuart O'Neill GSuite may restrict you to your own domain. Or so I’ve heard.

    ReplyDelete
  20. For personal non-business use its $5 mo. It appears to have the features we are used to. Again there need to to be one over-arching organization I think. Not sure. Might be able to use each personal address and organize from there. Complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Allows personalized domains it seems. Be aware that Google is using resellers to market GSuites as well. Be sure you know who you are talking to. Linda Tewes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stuart O'Neill Google is pitching it for use inside an enterprise. Essentially to replace company intranets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"