Skip to main content

Who's out there on Friendica?

Originally shared by Shelenn Ayres

Who's out there on Friendica?

This is a new project by one of the Friendica developers and I think it's great! Check it out :)
https://dir.friendica.social/directory

Comments

  1. Shelenn Ayres So this is a total directory of Friendica profiles, not G+ specific, correct? More a "how do I find..." tool.

    I'd strongly recommend adding specific G+ profiles to the G+NNDB:
    https://social.antefriguserat.de/index.php/G%2B_Notable_Names_Database
    social.antefriguserat.de - G+ Notable Names Database - PlexodusWiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edward Morbius I think that is a correct assumption - entire Friendica profiles of those willing to be listed publicly. There is a privacy feature in settings where a user makes that decision. What's good about it for G+ers is if the person they knew on G+ uses the same pseudonym they are easily found. That may not always be the case though as some people tend to reinvent themselves when they move to other networks. The only way we can develop a directory is according to those who share that info on their G+ accounts or in the directory voluntarily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelenn Ayres Got it, thanks. I was just trying to sort out what this is. Either way, very useful to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also: You can hashtag search the directory. Tossing in #googleplus and #gplus reveals a few Plussers.

    Use those beacon hashtags for discovery. It really makes finding people a lot easier.

    (I need to add those to my Diaspora profile, though I tag a bunch of my posts with #GooglePlus and #gplusrefugees.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"