Skip to main content

Despite the fact that it's not using my post image, the link below is directly to my post on the new cryptosocial...

Despite the fact that it's not using my post image, the link below is directly to my post on the new cryptosocial UBI network, Hyperspace.

Today marks the third day of the Open Beta. I understand this to be the first iteration brought to term by Dor Konforty - who you may recognize as I do from G+ from when he was trying to launch Synereo. Seems like that project went south somewhere along the way, and this one might actually make it to term. Open Beta is a good sign at least.

As I'm not particularly well versed in crypto (don't even have a wallet unless you count my steemit account), I'm not sure how worthless an "AMP" is, and as I go into in the post below, I still don't know how to cash out.

However, assuming there is some pathway from AMP to cash in your wallet, the UBI appeal of this social network gives it the best fighting chance of any G+ replacements I've seen to date.

It looks like Spaces are a bit like collections, and hopefully they'll add filtering tools for within a Space like the post filters here - or perhaps some Meta-Spaces that turn regular spaces into category-like community filters.

Again, I lack a lot of the knowledge that might scare someone away from this project - but it's also the first one that looks viable that I've seen discussed. I have hopes for solid/inrupt, and I'm now keeping any eye on Holochain ...

But this thing is here, and in the case of UBI - the sooner you start collecting the better.

As of now, we don't seem to be able to follow each other in this new place, but we can all become members of the same space. I need to save/earn 1000 AMPs to start one, but if this thread shows interest - I will.

https://hyperspace.app/post/5c50d8a3be572d00069f6d6d?asset=Sk2j_ICm4
https://hyperspace.app/post/5c50d8a3be572d00069f6d6d?asset=Sk2j_ICm4

Comments

  1. https://hyperspace.app/s/eye_of_a_tourist
    https://hyperspace.app/s/made_by_me

    Those are two "spaces" I've found that weren't in the official list since I started poking around. The first one makes me think CloudWars would port over beautifully Heidi Bouman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spaces are probably more like Communities here, but you could set it up as a personal page too. More features are coming, like connecting with other users (follow/friend thing).

    There are filters to reduce spam and gaming, since there are incentives here, that will be important. All others have either already failed, or likely have incomplete or poorly designed monetization.

    I'm setting this up for the G+ STEM Community to move to: hyperspace.app - HyperSpace - The New Content Economy

    (the image & metadata will not be generic like this for much longer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at it, but am immediately put off by all the nonsense posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tessa Schlesinger - what topics do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's new - if this migration flooded it they'd wield ungainly influence in it's development.... (imo). It's early adoption gamble at this point, but if it pays off - i'll be able to cash SOMETHING out in 45 days - and that will be an unprecedented social media experience for me.

    Cryptosocial is the antidote to platform censorship, and a more beneficial way of monetizing human attention that our present model of 'service to the advertisers'.

    Then again, I came to Google+ as part of the Open Beta, so obviously I have a preference for such things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"