Skip to main content

More Google Data Takeout failures

More Google Data Takeout failures

Originally shared by Kee Hinckley

No problem getting your data. Just use Google takeout!

Fuck you Google+.

Sorry, but we weren't able to fetch all the data you requested. Products with incomplete data are indicated below. Also, your archive contains a list of the missing files. Please try to create your archive again.

I also wasn't able to save the partial download to particular folder, and since I didn't happen to have 100GB free on my main drive, I had to temporarily change my Downloads folder to an external drive.

Once it's downloaded maybe I can find the list of "files" (wth does that mean in this context) that it didn't export.

Comments

  1. It's ridiculous that there's such a short window to download the archives, AND a maximum download count. On a (not even that) slow network, I have to re-try every few minutes due to download interruption, which means entering my password each time, and then hit the download limit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"