Skip to main content

A side project to save Google+ in the Internet Archive.

A side project to save Google+ in the Internet Archive.

Please respond in the comments if you fit the following description:

• Want to help preserve Google+ in the Internet Archive
• Have a computer with both spare CPUs and Bandwidth
• Are comfortable communicating by IRC (if you have to ask what that is, then it's not you)
• Like secret projects that aren't really so secret

Comments

  1. I started saving off some of my own G+ pages to Wayback Machine, but Collections and Communities don't save off; and you can't unroll threads and clicking on "..." doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marysia Kurowski Yeah, that's the secret part.

    Sarah Rosen Mmmm... almost? I mean kinda? I mean... hrm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edward Morbius You should be sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a core i5 system I can allocate if it would help.
    What kind of bandwidth are we talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. eric peacock Anything consider "broadband".... just don't join if you have something like me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have the equipment or bandwidth to help, but I would love to see more of it on the Wayback Machine!

    ReplyDelete

  7. • Copy this text:
    I'm from the Google+ Mass Migration community and I want to be a warrior.

    • Join irc.efnet.net
    • Join channel #googleminus
    • Paste the above text into the channel.
    • Wait for further instructions.

    The first rule of googleminus club is only tell people who have the bandwidth and understand IRC about googleminus club.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got free unlimited 30/5 of which I can probably commit up to 50% most of the time (I work for the ISP) and up to 20 cores to throw at it during the day. I'm down for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kienan Vella Please see my previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mentioning spare CPU but not spare disk space? That sounds almost wrong, but if that's true (let's say disk space requirements <=100GB ...) I can help out too

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suspect the requirements will largely be around bandwidth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Johannes Berg That's fine, join up. You're just the point of transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ❨❨❨David C. Frier❩❩❩ Reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is, by the way, absolutely beyond awesome.

    We've bumped into people who were born to crawl and suck data. This is a very attractive challenge to them, and they take the job seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Edward Morbius "born to crawl and suck data." LOL. Damn, I love you people. TNQ

    ReplyDelete
  16. ❨❨❨David C. Frier❩❩❩ What port?

    Try ssl.efnet.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New comments on this blog are moderated. If you do not have a Google identity, you are welcome to post anonymously. Your comments will appear here after they have been reviewed. Comments with vulgarity will be rejected.

”go"