Not only fb, but also other larger/bigger social media portals, are "affected" by such issue.
https://techaeris.com/2018/12/31/facebook-tracking-without-facebook-account/
https://techaeris.com/2018/12/31/facebook-tracking-without-facebook-account/
https://techaeris.com/2018/12/31/facebook-tracking-without-facebook-account/
https://techaeris.com/2018/12/31/facebook-tracking-without-facebook-account/

IIRC, in one formal inquiry, a Member of Congress referred to such an account as a "shadow account."
ReplyDeleteFortunately for me, I am not an Android user; in fact, I am not even a smartphone user; I use an app-less feature phone.
This is bad news.
ReplyDeleteTechaeris, the blog that shares this information is using tons of cookies .
And this is why rooting your phone is pure digital self defense. Don't even allow any external trackers to know about your existence and direct any connection to them into the digital Nirvana of being redirected to 127.0.0.1.
ReplyDeleteAlways first firewall and drop everything, then only selectively allow in/out the shit you really need. Of course this is once again the stuff only 1% of us will ever care and do something about.
ReplyDelete